Author Topic: Player Skill Groups  (Read 430 times)

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Player Skill Groups
« on: July 15, 2017, 06:23:43 PM »
I decided to take a chance by turning on the Skill Groups which is a feature that has been in the game for a few years, but has been dormant for a while.  Previously, the game would match players in similar Skill Groups but only if there was a certain critical mass of players online, and that was 45 players.  We haven't had that for a long time, so there haven't been any skill groups.  The reason is that when Skill Groups are on it divides the player pool into the Beginners and the Experienced players which makes auto-matching more difficult.  I went ahead and lowered that critical mass value to 4, so it should be on just about all the time now.

I've been playing, and it hasn't been a problem for me since there appear to be enough advanced players online, but I'm a little worried about the beginners.  I really don't know what the spread on that is, so it's hard to say if they'll get enough auto-matches.  I'll probably rig a build of the game to think I'm a beginner just to see.

-Brian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Player Skill Groups
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 06:46:55 PM »
Well, after playing around as a beginner I found that there just aren't enough beginner players online.  It takes forever to get a match.

-Brian

Adisark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 05:13:25 AM »
I like to follow this group very much.

BK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 08:38:25 AM »
With this new update, almost all of my opponents have extremely strong shields. They are able to run through bombs, get hit with pencils, get filled up with darts.... and very little to no damage registers.
Is this intentional, maybe based on amount of games played, trying to “even” things up or is it just another side effect of a new update?

Biggie G...This above issue has been a REAL problem...it's like I'm wasting my time playing because I can't do any damage to a majority of players...what's the issue? Have you tweeked the player pool with old vs new or higher ranked vs lower ranked or more points vs less points or winning percentage ranking vs below 50% winning percentage. WHAT GIVES??????
Did you forget to turn off some settings when you turned off player skills?????
BK

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 09:18:12 AM »
I'll look into it, but nothing whatsoever changed in the game code.  The last 2 updates were just UI updates for iPhone X, and I haven't been any issue here with anyone I've been playing against.

-Brian

BK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 05:16:57 PM »
The last two updates were for IPhone X...This has been ongoing back before the IPhone X updates, maybe the one before, possibly 2 before. Check the tracking of ammo...it seems off by a lot, not so much close range though. Just a guess.

BK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 08:54:42 PM »
Hey Biggie G...find anything?

Idea-Is there a way you could provide in the match up screen area a block list of say 10 players Maximum.
You just enter in the player name to be blocked from matching up with you permanently or until you remove it.
This would allow me to block BOBC88 from matching up with me over and over with him bailing out everytime. The record is 9 times in a row. You could also block known runners.
It would speed up connections and wasted data feed.
What do you think?

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 09:28:46 AM »
There's no way to selectively block players in Game Center.