Author Topic: 12.x  (Read 3814 times)

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 12.x
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 07:38:47 AM »
Remember that warning that looks like this?

"WARNING:  You seem to keep canceling Matches which disrupts the game and causes problems for others.  If you continue doing this you will be HEAVILY penalized until you stop.”

Well... that's what "heavily penalized" means.

-Brian

⿻Jiji⿻

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 08:06:06 AM »
Remember that warning that looks like this?

"WARNING:  You seem to keep canceling Matches which disrupts the game and causes problems for others.  If you continue doing this you will be HEAVILY penalized until you stop.”

Well... that's what "heavily penalized" means.

-Brian

F.. I just wanted to test Only AWI maps and I canceled all the AW maps 😁
And the Warning comes after I was penalized... 🤔
How long I will be punished ?

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2017, 08:21:21 AM »
It's currently set to 40%, so once your flake ratio drops below 40% you should be fine.  I can remotely change the ratio as needed, so we'll see how it goes.  I think 40% is probably a little high.  I would prefer it to kick in at 30% since bailing 1:3 is pretty bad.

-Brian

⿻Jiji⿻

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2017, 08:38:44 AM »
It's currently set to 40%, so once your flake ratio drops below 40% you should be fine.  I can remotely change the ratio as needed, so we'll see how it goes.  I think 40% is probably a little high.  I would prefer it to kick in at 30% since bailing 1:3 is pretty bad.

-Brian
Ok I just See in Info That You reset the Stats and put that treatment.
It is a very good thing.  :D

Bravos .

I won't be punished so long  ;)

⿻Jiji⿻

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2017, 09:08:51 AM »
Be severe..
A good punishment is the way to a good behavior  ;D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 11:01:19 AM by ⿻Jiji⿻ »

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2017, 10:45:11 AM »
I'm going to have 12.0.2 ready for beta testing soon.  I'm still trying to fix the weird crashing issues on the connection screen, and I know what's causing it, but I'm just not sure why, so I'm attempting some workarounds.  The problem is caused by the UIAlerts that come up whenever there is a connection problem.  They occasionally crash and I don't know why.

Also 12.0.2 will have Voice Chat turned on for iOS 10 even tho it doesn't work.  I just want to see what other people experience when it malfunctions.

-Brian

James

• All in fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2017, 12:29:36 PM »
I'm going to have 12.0.2 ready for beta testing soon.  I'm still trying to fix the weird crashing issues on the connection screen, and I know what's causing it, but I'm just not sure why, so I'm attempting some workarounds.  The problem is caused by the UIAlerts that come up whenever there is a connection problem.  They occasionally crash and I don't know why.

Also 12.0.2 will have Voice Chat turned on for iOS 10 even tho it doesn't work.  I just want to see what other people experience when it malfunctions.

-Brian
Thanks for all you're doing.  AW is a unique game.  Good to see it getting some attention again.  Now you just need some apple love to give it a kick start again !

Fyi.... that a cute little toggle switch in AW "settings" to toggle off voice chat if they don't like it. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 12:57:06 PM by James »

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2017, 05:49:55 PM »
 Voice chat is still very broken on iOS 10.  It worked one time, but the next time it froze up as always.

James

• All in fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2017, 06:06:40 PM »
Voice chat is still very broken on iOS 10.  It worked one time, but the next time it froze up as always.
Yep...broken.  Just played a couple against another player with the newest ios and AW beta version.  One was a four player game that you were in, the other a two player  Worked great until I hit the mic button and it came to a screeching hault.   That sucks.   Well... you tried.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2017, 07:06:11 PM »
I'm hoping the next iOS 11 beta will be out soon, and then I'll try it on there and see if anything is better.

-Brian

James

• All in fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2017, 07:22:58 PM »
I'm hoping the next iOS 11 beta will be out soon, and then I'll try it on there and see if anything is better.

-Brian
We know apple always makes things better....  ha

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2017, 07:40:26 PM »
The good news, however, is that 12.0.2 has not crashed even once on me all day.  Could just be a matter of time, or maybe I finally fixed it... dunno.

-Brian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2017, 07:57:23 PM »
Going back to the Flake Out penalty that's in 12.0.1, I'm curious to get feedback about the penalty.  It cuts your ammo in half and each hit you take does 500% damage.  Pretty brutal, I know.  Anyone care to suggest alternatives or additions to the penalty?

It should also be noted that the Flake Outs work a little differently than before.  Previously, you only got dinged if you quit in the middle of a game, but now you get dinged if you quit in the middle of a matchup.  Don't worry, you don't get dinged for quitting if the match failed or is in the process of failing.  You only get dinged if you bail while the active connection is in progress and working.  In other words if you see the word "Connected" on the screen you shouldn't flake or it will count against you.  That goes for both the GKMatchmaker screen, and the Chalkboard screen.

-Brian

James

• All in fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2017, 08:28:34 PM »
Going back to the Flake Out penalty that's in 12.0.1, I'm curious to get feedback about the penalty.  It cuts your ammo in half and each hit you take does 500% damage.  Pretty brutal, I know.  Anyone care to suggest alternatives or additions to the penalty?

It should also be noted that the Flake Outs work a little differently than before.  Previously, you only got dinged if you quit in the middle of a game, but now you get dinged if you quit in the middle of a matchup.  Don't worry, you don't get dinged for quitting if the match failed or is in the process of failing.  You only get dinged if you bail while the active connection is in progress and working.  In other words if you see the word "Connected" on the screen you shouldn't flake or it will count against you.  That goes for both the GKMatchmaker screen, and the Chalkboard screen.

-Brian
I'm all for it as long as it's not until you get the connected message and as long as the perpetrator gets a warning so they know why they're being punished.  I don't know how it works now but it should probably be for a certain length of time (like a week).  Those that are habitual offenders probably play a lot and a week will seem like an eternity.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 08:38:33 PM by James »

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2017, 10:04:56 PM »
Well, it lasts for as long as their flake ratio is too high.  As soon as they start playing games without flaking it'll bring the ratio down and they can play normally again.

-Brian