Author Topic: New version  (Read 544 times)

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New version
« on: May 14, 2017, 06:52:04 PM »
A new update has just been released - first update since September.  It *might* improve the auto-match connection success rate.  Please let me know if you notice any difference, but it may take a week since it depends on lots of people having this new update for it to make a difference.

Also removed some banner ads and updated some 3rd party libraries.

-Brian

⿻Jiji⿻

• View Profile
Re: New version
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 08:02:59 AM »
Happy to hear that.  :)
I will say you if I see a difference.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 06:59:04 AM »
I'm working on another update which will be a pretty major under-the-hood thing.  The game crashes a lot on iOS 10.  Some of that appears to be bugs in iOS 10, but some I suspect are not.  So, I'm converting the entire game to use ARC.  This should eliminate any issues on my end, so any crashing will likely be just iOS bugs.  It should help with the stability of the game, but it's a huge rewrite of all a lot of the game, so hopefully I don't make things worse.

-Brian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 11:11:02 AM »
So, version 11.1 is currently in review, and I expect it may get approved today.  This version is a little risky because it has *MAJOR* internal code changes.  Primarily, it converts the code to ARC which should provide additional stability, but the changes were major, so hopefully there won't be any side effects.

Additionally, I changed the way the initial connection startup procedure works.  It still works like before where all of the players ro-sham-bo to see who's the host, and then it goes from there.  However, I did a major change to the internal sequencing of this which, in theory, might reduce some of the failure to connect issues among a few other very rare issues.

I've been testing this version like crazy, so I'm confident it'll be fine.  That being said, please let me know if you experience anything unusual with it.

-Brian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 07:38:17 PM »
11.1 for iOS and tvOS just got released!  Keeping fingers crossed things go well...

-Brian

James

• All in fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 08:56:45 PM »
11.1 for iOS and tvOS just got released!  Keeping fingers crossed things go well...

-Brian
Mixed reaction so far.   I tested it on my iphone6 with the newest ios10.3.2 that I also downloaded and installed tonight.  Out of 10 games I had maybe 3 crash and take me back to the home screen (during match up).  Several others times out because it wouldn't connect or players dropped out on the matchup screen.    Later I tried it on an older ioad with ios10.2.  Had 4-5 games that connected pretty quickly and had no crashes.    We shall see. 

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 09:16:33 PM »
Please send the crash logs.  I tested this version over probably 40+ games and never had a single crash at all, so this is troubling.

M6

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 08:10:33 AM »
I can't remember the exact text of the message but during the match up process i got a message that said something about two primary flyers were detected and to shut down and restart the game.  Maybe you could have tested it 41 times.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 08:36:53 AM »
Yes, that is a good thing.  The code now detects a certain malfunction rather than letting it continue.  This should stop happening when all players in the match are on the new version.