Author Topic: Apple TV 4  (Read 3361 times)

Bize1970

• View Profile
Apple TV 4
« on: November 03, 2015, 07:30:10 AM »
Brian,

I'm not sure if you heard about this site yet which was mentioned on Mac Rumors yesterday. It compiles a realtime list of the top overall Apple TV apps as well as individual category list for both free and paid apps.

Your rankings so far look good.

Top Paid for apps in Games:
#40 - Nanosaur 2
#68 - Bugdom 2
#92 - Nucleus

If you break it down even further...

Top Paid apps in Games - Adventure:
#8 - Nanosaur 2
#10 - Bugdom 2
#20 - Otto Matic

Top FREE apps in Games - Action
#12 - Air Wings!!!

Top FREE apps in Games - Racing
#5 - Air Wings!!!

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Apple TV 4
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 07:34:06 AM »
Yeah, it's nice to know we're there somewhere.  The more amazing thing is that the rankings are high considering most of those games aren't featured.  Air Wings finally got featured last night, but the others are still essentially invisible.  So, if you cut out the ~30 games that are featured, it means we're quite high for the un-freatured games.

I can tell you, however, that despite our relatively high rankings, it's not equating to profits.  Bugdom 2, for example has only been making about $50 per day more with the ATV than it was previously.  Most of the downloads are likely from people who already own the iOS versions, so it's free for them.  In all, we've maybe made a few hundred bucks total from ATV sales so far.  A bit disappointing.

-Brian

Bize1970

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 07:40:19 AM »
I hear what you're saying but remember that shipments are being delayed for that device. I think over time, it will improve as more shipments make it to homes.

Bize1970

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 07:55:45 AM »
I'm not trying to upset you but provide an honest opinion.

I feel new artwork for Air Wings is needed because the current version isn't tempting enough to choose and find more details.

If the image below is what's displayed on the App store on a HDTV, then I would rethink the design. Again, my opinion but you need to show a bit more.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 07:57:13 AM »
Yeah, I agree.  I graphic refresh would be nice, but also very time consuming and expensive, so I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not.

-Brian

Bize1970

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 08:15:55 AM »
Maybe I'll throw a few comps your way...  ;)

Bize1970

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 12:18:41 PM »
Another slow down for Air Wings would be the Channel Apps that everyone MUST download unlike before. You have millions of subscribers wanting CBS, HBO, Showtime, HULU and Netflix... These are "must haves" in the eyes of users worldwide especially since they're paying monthly subscriptions to most I mentioned.

Bize1970

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 08:05:25 AM »
Yeah, I agree.  I graphic refresh would be nice, but also very time consuming and expensive, so I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not.

-Brian

Hey Brian,

I was serious about creating a few art ideas for you at no cost...

If interested, you could either email or provide a download link for a few files.

• PSD's of a few rooms... Pick two of your favorite maps to use for the background.
• Your logo in either PSD or EPS format.
• 3DS files of the Biplane, Quad, Wright Flyer, Tubular.
• 3DS files of Pencils, Suction Cups, Bombs.

If you need me to sign a NDA you could pass that along too.

You don't have to use them nor pay for them...

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 08:21:21 AM by Bize1970 »

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 02:42:15 PM »
It's a little complicated, but basically there are no models for the rooms - those are all built with our own in-house level editor.  The model files are all Maya since we're on a Mac.

-Brian

Bize1970

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 02:51:21 PM »
It's a little complicated, but basically there are no models for the rooms - those are all built with our own in-house level editor.  The model files are all Maya since we're on a Mac.

-Brian

That's fine I've played around with Maya. Just wanted the planes in 3D so I can position them to my liking. If you can't export to .3DS then Maya should allow you to export the models out as a Wavefront / .OBJ file type.

I'll come up with a way for the rooms myself. I can Airplay to my Mac and maybe get some good views with spectator cam.

I think I read somewhere you created your own 3D files too? bg3d?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 02:58:43 PM by Bize1970 »

flipkal

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2015, 11:40:05 AM »
First...I love Pangea games. I've spent more time playing heart-pumping Nucleus and Nanosaur on my Mac than I care to think about. My grandkids love Ottomatic and Bugdom II which I also love. And Nanosaur II is just too good, especially in 3d. I was really glad to see the ATV versions and thanks for honoring my prior purchases.
Main reason for writing is the 'playability' factor for two of the games, Bugdom and Nucleus. I tried using the Apple remote, but prefer my new Steelseries Nimbus. On Nucleus, the controller doesn't allow fine turning (rotating) of the shooter, and it is difficult to control the movement of the ship. In Bugdom, your controller diagrams don't match the actions of the Nimbus buttons, i.e. I can't seem to jump without firing a buddy bug using the Nimbus. And, the Y button seems inactive. Are these Pangea issues, or Nimbus issues (or both?).

For my part, I'll promote your games to friends and family. I really hope that sales will pick up, esp during Holidays. All the best!