Author Topic: Observations on newest update iPAD 4  (Read 1543 times)

deadhead

Observations on newest update iPAD 4
« on: March 28, 2013, 05:07:38 PM »
Hi....new here to forum, but have been paying Airwings for months now.....great ADDICTIVE game  lol.... I have noticed that since updating to latest version there seems to be a problem
attempting to play a 2 player game....a third spot opens up with the name of the second player, and never connects....choosing 3 players seemed to fix this at least in one attempt..the third player never connected.

On iPad is this any way to move the position of the gyro reset switch HIGHER on left side, or have an option to lock it out once calibrated for a game? I inadvertently hit that reset in midst of battle, and off into the wall I go....

On another note I have played specific players in this game who'se aircraft never leaves the spawn area, and I am bombarded by weapons in a far off location in the play field from an apparently invisible plane.....once I have gotten a  bead on where shots are coming from, I have been able to shoot back..but if player moves around..doesnt work....

Again, GREAT game, as is Galactic......thanks for it all

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Observations on newest update iPAD 4
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 06:24:04 PM »
1.  That issue with the names changing around happens when someone disconnects during the connection process.  Sometimes Game Center handles it nicely, and other times not so much.  Actually, Game Center usually doesn't handle it nicely.

2.  The calibration button *is* actually higher on the iPad now than it used to be.  I found that if I moved it much higher it was hard to reach if you have small hands.

3.  The invisible player issue is caused by a Game Center bug which has been the bane of my existence for 2+ years.  Long story short is that we keep trying to find workarounds for this, but they don't always work.  The next update should do more to work around it.

Thanks!

-Brian

HarrynLunabff

Re: Observations on newest update iPAD 4
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 06:27:13 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  I'm a deadhead, too!   ;)

I haven't noticed the problems your having.  I only play 4 player games!  Maybe someone else can have some insight!

As far as the gyro reset button...you can't move it higher, but you can actually push below the wind button and it will still activate your wind.  It's a holdover from how the original was!  That should give you some extra space!

My problem is that I change weapons while firing, so I'd like those two buttons spaced out a bit more!   :o

Cya out there!