What is Otto's hardest fight?

The Slime Machine (Level 3)
0 (0%)
The Plant (Level 7)
6 (60%)
The Brain (Level 10)
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Otto Matic Boss Fights  (Read 7311 times)

Muel

Otto Matic Boss Fights
« on: February 26, 2011, 02:12:42 AM »
I'd be interested to know your thoughts.

Westernden

Re: Otto Matic Boss Fights
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 08:43:35 AM »
The Brain is the best climax. First, regular brains, then brain lords, then you destroy their teleporters, then HUGE FREAKIN' BRAIN and you use all your ammo and then KABLOOIE into blue atoms. Epicness

Muel

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 11:41:11 AM »
I take it you voted for the brain? if so i would say the general aliens can be easily taken out by staying out of range of the ring of super aliens, then you run into the circle with flame gun in hand (have around 30-99) and run round the brain while shooting all the turrets, only about 10 shots are used up and around 3 super aliens then chases you. Run off and turn and fire (2 shots apiece). Then shoot the brain as soon it opens, it won't hurt you much. I agree with the climax thing.

Westernden

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 03:34:03 PM »
My favorite part: saving up all the ammo so I can SHOOT IT ALL!!!!! ALL OF IT!!!! YAAAAAAAHOOOOO!!!!

*ahem* Er... yes. I voted the brain.

Ottobot

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 06:58:51 AM »
Ya know, I can't really say which one is the hardest. The Giant Brain is actually very easy to take out alone. The elite Brain Aliens that come out of the teleporters are the ones to worry about, because they overwhelm you. Then again, they're too stupid to go around walls to get you (so much for being BRAIN Aliens...) so you can hide in one of the coves.

Same goes for the Pitcher Plant. He's easy to defeat. You just gotta deal with the hostiles around it first.

The Slime Machine is a no-brainer. It doesn't really do anything aside from shoot blobs at you.

Westernden

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 07:37:57 AM »
Yeah, but still, that one moment when you burn all your ammo at once makes it all worth it!

Ottobot

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 08:17:28 AM »
Haha, what I do is that I collect every single power-up and weapon around the area and get myself tons of bonus points in the end.

Squiggledog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 03:27:02 AM »
The final level may be one of the hardest in reaching toward the boss by fighting the Elites and destroying the teleporters, but the Brain himself is very simple. Unlike the Pitcher Plant, he is vulnerable to multiple shots. After stocking up on powerful weapons, It is pretty easy to defeat him in the first wave before he even attacks.

Jester

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 12:53:11 AM »
I dunno about Otto's hardest fight, but the creepy music and brains about gave my kid self nightmares.  I had to play that level during the day. 

Squiggledog

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 01:05:19 AM »
You know the true fear. ᕙ(´•‿•`)