Poll

I believe we should be able to choose which field to battle in vs. It randomly being selected for you because the big track can go on much to long to the point of boring. So- why can't I choose the pit for a quicker battle instead of Pangea picking the tr

Should we be able to choose which track to battle on?
3 (50%)
Should Pangea choose for you?
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Battle fields  (Read 8191 times)

Rconrad

Battle fields
« on: December 08, 2010, 04:25:14 AM »
I think it's unfair that we can't pick the track we want to do battle in. The big track can go on and on and on til I eventually quit so I prefer the small pit track. Yet I can't choose to play this track. Pangea does. This sucks and I hope Brian considers letting us pick the track we want to battl on

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Battle fields
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 07:46:03 AM »
If you have the option to pick (like you used to in Cro-Mag Rally) then the odds of finding an auto-match get cut in half.  If we add more battle levels later then those odds just keep going down and down.  In the first release of Cro-Mag Rally there were 9 tracks to choose from and Game Center only matches up people who select the same track, so it virtually never found an auto-match.  Letting the app randomly choose it is really the only way to go.

-Brian

Westernden

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 02:27:29 PM »
Yeah, I think the maps on Nanosaur II are pretty good for their purpose, anyway.

Rconrad

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 07:55:51 PM »
That makes no sense comparing this to Cro mag because Cro mag has many more tracks and many more people playing the game. How can you compare that to two battlefields Brian? The POINT is this: when I'm on the big battlefield and since you eliminated unlimited missles the game goes on and on and on to the point of boring or you quit. Since that's the case, why not bring unlimited back to at least the big battlefield so it doesn't last forever? The pit is much smaller so you are forced to battle but the big battle field allows anyone to run and hide and get unlimited health powerups so the game goes on and on and on til BORING and you say 'f this crap' and quit. It's no fun chasing someone who can just keep getting unlimited health when you DON'T have unlimited fire power. I've been playing your game longer then most people and I wish you would come up with alittle more creative solutions and listen to your players because I know several top ranked players who have just given up on Nanasaur because you seemingly blow them off because they are ALL wrong because it's your game. They can't ALL be wrong. The only track I play on now is the pit and nobody can beat me-not even badbandit-because it's the ONLY track that requires flying AND shooting skills. Again-most games let you choose your track or has a pro and amateur level. You have neither and all I do know is that some very good LOYAL players are quitting this great game because you have neither. I truly believe you could do better if you weren't so hung up on fixing your aforementioned BIGGER SELLING games ie Cro mag etc which is a shame because Nanasaur is the best game you got except you keep neglecting it because it's the POOREST selling of all your games. Maybe if you took your best most loyal players' suggestions to heart it wouldn't be your poorest selling. All I know for sure is this: since all your updates, I've lost interest and hardly ever play just as many other good, loyal players have. I wish you would think about this but I KNOW you won't. Take care.

Shmilblix

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 01:50:19 PM »
you're a bit overreactive, aren't you?

LukiGamer

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 02:01:19 PM »
;) Usually, I can't find a player for auto-match in Nanosaur II... so if you could choose the battlefield, I would NEVER find a player... it's good like it is right now ;)

earlw

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 12:13:27 AM »
Brian, isn't a simple solution that the Nanosaur2 battlefield or Cro-Mag course should be the choice of the inviter?  Every multi-player game has only one inviter.  Seems like this solution would be easy to architect (maybe as a user preference if this poll stays 50-50), since the way both Nanosaur2 and Cro-Mag are written now, the battlefield/course isn't announced until after the GameCenter match has been made and the 2-4 players for the game are all set.  This would seem to avoid the problem you brought up about reducing Auto-Match probability.  True?

I'm with Rconrad on Nanosaur2 battlefield choice (and to a lesser extent on Cro-Mag course choice since not everyone is multi-player-worthy on all courses).  Cavern with all its interior trees has enduring gameplay variety and value even for experts, while Forest can be very big and boring.

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 07:22:36 AM »
No, because in Auto-Match there is no Inviter.

-Brian

LukiGamer

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 08:33:43 AM »
In the iPhone game Froggy Jump, both players can vote for a theme. If they choose the same, then they play this one of course, and when they choose different themes, random will decide.
I think, you can do this, too. And if there are more than 2 players, there could be a voting system...

Muel

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 03:03:52 AM »
The choice is your own map (and remember that it may not be your opponents choice) or much longer wait for a game.