Author Topic: Choosing to play ANY racetrack...  (Read 4481 times)

Brainwrap

Choosing to play ANY racetrack...
« on: January 24, 2011, 10:21:48 PM »
Hi, I've had the Mac version of Cro-Mag rally for years, and love it. Recently, my 5-year old son fell in love with the game as well. The problem is that he sometimes asks to play a specific racetrack, and the way the game works, I can only get to 5 of them directly:

--You can play Desert, Jungle or Glacier directly via the Practice mode
--You can play Desert, Crete or Medieval directly via Tournament mode, if you've previously completed all 9 levels

However, even if you've won all 9 levels, I don't see any way of getting to Giza, Great Wall, Viking Village or Atlantis without winning the other races first.

For a 5-year old, this is a huge bummer, especially when I've told him we can only play for 5 minutes before bedtime or whatever (only enough time for one race).

Also, this may sound strange, but is there any way of playing the final "You Won!" movie clip at the very end without actually winning Atlantis? For some reason he likes watching it...I see where the audio of the song is available as an AIFF file, but don't see any way of playing the video standalone...

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Choosing to play ANY racetrack...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 10:28:02 PM »
Yeah, so numerous people complained about this, so when we did the iPhone version we made it so you could play any level.  Then I got angry reviews and emails from people who thought it was lame that you could play any level.  They wanted the tournaments back.  So, I guess it's impossible to make everyone happy, but in this case the Mac version makes you win the tracks first and the iPhone version gives you free access.

-Brian

Fordcars123

Re: Choosing to play ANY racetrack...
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 08:10:52 PM »
I used a cheat code to skip levels in tournament, then I saved. I just have to load that file in saved files and all of them are unlocked! And for the video, well it's not a video. It's just a bunch of 3d models moving around.