Author Topic: Pangea Arcade is FREE  (Read 27427 times)

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pangea Arcade is FREE
« on: January 13, 2011, 09:53:21 AM »
Hey all!  I've gone ahead and made Pangea Arcade FREE on the Mac App Store, but only for a limited time.  Get it now at:  http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pangea-arcade/id403414084?mt=12

If you can, please spread the word on other forums!

-Brian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Pangea Arcade is FREE
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 09:54:05 AM »
Oh, I should note that I just now did that, so it may take an hour to percolate thru iTunes.  If it doesn't show up free yet, just wait 30-60 minutes.

-Brian

LukiGamer

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 11:29:51 AM »
That's cool ;)

szigetir

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 08:25:16 PM »
I piaid for that but  :-\ don't use my mac mini anymore.
Rol

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 08:28:01 PM »
I'm not sure how long I'll keep Pangea Arcade free.  My hope was that it would spur some sales of the other games, but that doesn't seem to be happening... yet.  Prior to the Mac App Store opening, we would sell 1 copy of Pangea Arcade every 3-6 weeks.  On the Mac App Store, we sold 1 copy (at $4.99) yesterday, so it seems that it's worth more as a marketing tool for the other games, but we'll see.

-Brian

aaronptrck

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 11:27:12 PM »
I'm not sure how long I'll keep Pangea Arcade free.  My hope was that it would spur some sales of the other games, but that doesn't seem to be happening... yet.  Prior to the Mac App Store opening, we would sell 1 copy of Pangea Arcade every 3-6 weeks.  On the Mac App Store, we sold 1 copy (at $4.99) yesterday, so it seems that it's worth more as a marketing tool for the other games, but we'll see.

-Brian

I know this was talked about in another post... But I think making your behind the scenes videos has really helped sell me on your iPhone games. I wasn't all that interested in OttoMattic... but when I saw your video.... I HAD to have it! Making the videos seems like a better idea than creating demos (since you said you were 'breaking even'.)

Anyway: Thanks for Pangea Arcade... The graphics are just stunning!

LukiGamer

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 01:20:58 AM »
I think it's a good way to boost selling your paid apps.

But making a new "Behind the scenes" video can help you too, because people, who already have one or two games, they'll go to your website or do a youtube search for Pangea.
Without those videos, I wouldn't have so much Pangea iOS games...

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 08:06:06 AM »
Yeah, agreed.  I need to get off my lazy ass and make another video.  I've had a script written for one since September.

-Brian

LukiGamer

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 09:19:22 AM »
Great ;)

LukiGamer

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 10:03:16 AM »
I saw you did Bugdom 2 on 1.99

I think that's a good idea too, because it's really a great, big game, so I think that's also a very good way to boost app sells ;-)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 10:10:44 AM »
Yep, lowered it to $2 this morning as another test.  We only sold 3 at $15 yesterday, so it's worth testing it at $2 just for grins.  I have no plans on keeping any game prices that low, however.  I want to keep things at $15-$20.

-Brian

LukiGamer

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 10:13:46 AM »
jep, $15-$20 are good prices for games like this. When the prizes are too low, people can think it's not a good game or quality is bad...

LukiGamer

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 10:20:20 AM »
Pangea Arcade is actually on place 17 of free apps...
Hope, it will get under the top ten or first place ;)

Shadowbreaker

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 04:40:28 PM »
Personally I think that maybe you should try making like... new games again instead of repackaging your current list.

I'm aware you said that it would be hard to port Bugdom 1 to Mac OS X, but if you succeeded think of how you could market it! "PORTED TO MAC OS X FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME!" "INFESTING A MAC NEAR YOU!" "PANGEA'S MOST FAMOUS GAME EVER!"
 I think that might spark a bit more interest in getting other games, especially Otto and Bugdom 2. And you could even make another video about porting it.

Ottobot

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 08:29:33 PM »
Personally I think that maybe you should try making like... new games again instead of repackaging your current list.

I'm aware you said that it would be hard to port Bugdom 1 to Mac OS X, but if you succeeded think of how you could market it! "PORTED TO MAC OS X FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME!" "INFESTING A MAC NEAR YOU!" "PANGEA'S MOST FAMOUS GAME EVER!"
 I think that might spark a bit more interest in getting other games, especially Otto and Bugdom 2. And you could even make another video about porting it.
The game is impossible to port in its current form, as it was made with Quickdraw 3-D in the days of yore. You would have to completely re-write the game to bring it to Mac OS X.

Trust me, we all would love to see Bugdom on Mac OS X. (as well as new games!!!) It's just that it's easier said than done.