Author Topic: Translations?  (Read 8210 times)

Shmilblix

Translations?
« on: January 11, 2011, 12:11:49 AM »
Hi everybody!
First of all, I would like to say that I've always been a huge fan of your games. I'm 19 now, and I still remember playing Mighty Mike back when I was like 7 or 8 years-old. (I still can remember his voice saying "Food!" "No more Mr. Nice Guy!" :D) I kept playing your games and all, and I still have a lot of fun playing your games on the iPhone. So the other day I was browsing the Mac App Store and I noticed you were selling your games. But I also noticed that your games' description weren't translated into other languages. (I'm french, by the way). While I usually don't have too much trouble reading English, I know it tend to be a bit puzzling to try to understand how awesome Otto Matic is, only by looking at the pictures (In case you can't read english of course). So I was wondering if you were looking for people to translate your games' description on the Mac App Store. In that case, maybe I could give it a try, if you want. I'm not talking about the ingame texts, I'm talking about the Mac App Store pages. While my English isn't perfect and my translations wouldn't be as good as professional translations, I believe it would still be better than googling the whole thing :D

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Translations?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 08:45:35 AM »
We did do localized descriptions for some games way back in the beginning of the iPhone app store, but then our international sales dropped so much that it became hard to justify spending the money to do more localizations.  I do want to have things localized, but I can't justify the cost, so if you want to volunteer to do some description localizations for us I'd be happy to supply you with free copies of the games.

-Brian

Shmilblix

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 01:54:53 PM »
Cool, I'd be more to do that :D
I already finished translating the Otto Matic description page. I sent it to you via forum message.

edit : I keep having some "session timed out" errors . editing or message sending all work randomly.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:29:52 PM by Shmilblix »

LukiGamer

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 04:12:24 AM »
When will you upload the localized descriptions?
Are you waiting for all descriptions to do it all at the same time?

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 07:34:07 AM »
The localizations have all been submitted to Apple.  It takes them a week or two to approve anything these days.

-Brian

LukiGamer

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 08:59:18 AM »
ah ok, I didn't know that it takes so long...

fernandovalente

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 09:07:57 PM »
I'd like to be a volunteer and translate the descriptions. I speak Brazilian Portuguese. If you're interested on it, please e-mail me the descriptions(as I can't copy and paste them from the App Store to Text Edit, which makes the work much easier). :D

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 08:26:28 AM »
Fernando,

Yes, that would be great!  Please email me directly so I have your email address and let me know which games you'd like to do.  brian@pangeasoft.net

-Brian

fernandovalente

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 11:25:44 AM »
Fernando,

Yes, that would be great!  Please email me directly so I have your email address and let me know which games you'd like to do.  brian@pangeasoft.net

-Brian

Sent it!

Fordcars123

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 08:31:27 PM »
Great to see everyone is helping! I am bilingual (French and English) but I guess I'm too late hahaha.

TheDoctor

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 02:00:33 PM »
Keep up the good work folks,

-The Doctor Lord of Galifrey