Author Topic: Mac App Store is open!  (Read 7873 times)

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Mac App Store is open!
« on: January 06, 2011, 08:40:18 AM »
It's open!  Run Software Update to get the latest OS X and then you'll see the new App Store app in the Dock.  Please write some good reviews for us!

-Brian

Westernden

Re: Mac App Store is open!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 02:18:35 PM »
Will do!  :)

aaronptrck

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 03:01:49 PM »
Brian, I had Enigmo 2 on my computer before the App Store, and it isn't registering that I own it in the app store (like my other apps are) does this require a software fix on your side?

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 03:05:49 PM »
Unfortunately, the App Store and Pangea Store versions have to have different app ID's, so, the system thinks they are different.  There's no way to share between them or transfer. 

-Brian

Shadowbreaker

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 07:26:16 PM »
It's a shame I still only have 10.5.8, so I can't see how it all works.

On a side note though, http://www.apple.com/mac/app-store/, if you look in the picture you can see Ottomatic, Nanosaur 2, and Bugdom 2 icons in the picture, do they pay Brian royalties or something? :P

Ottobot

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 09:00:15 PM »
On a side note though, http://www.apple.com/mac/app-store/, if you look in the picture you can see Ottomatic, Nanosaur 2, and Bugdom 2 icons in the picture, do they pay Brian royalties or something? :P
Ever seen Cro-Mag Rally on that one iPod commercial on TV?

(or was it iPhone?)

MacAndreas

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 06:15:42 AM »
Unfortunately, the App Store and Pangea Store versions have to have different app ID's, so, the system thinks they are different.  There's no way to share between them or transfer. 

-Brian

Hi Brian,

I own Pangea Arcade, all the Games and Bracketeer. Pangea Arcade is listed in the App Store as installed, the other do not?! I also own some other apps from the App Store which are all listed as installed.

So I think there is a way to include all your beautiful apps...

Kind regards,
Andreas

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 07:53:47 AM »
It's possible that the product ID didn't change for a few apps, especially anything that wasn't already an iPhone app, so the Mac App Store is going to incorrectly recognize those.  Well, sorta incorrectly.  It seems that the product ID matches what's on the store, but the Mac App Store only lets you "install" stuff that's actually been purchased on the Mac App Store.  There's no way around that, and a lot of people have complained on the various news sites about it.  Seems to be useful the Mac App Store should be a little smarter.

-Brian

Muel

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 02:35:36 AM »
why buy off the web site rather than the mac app store, it appears prices are cheaper (i.e Bugdom 2 is $19.95 on the site and £2.99 on the mac app store). Is it just for non snow leopard users?