« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 02:32:17 PM »
yes
yes.
Yes.
Yes!
YES!
YES!!
YES!!!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSDGa'dprfghksdfp[hkspf[dghk]sep[drh]k[posdfghs'pd;j[pd;ojgm'p;erfgaeraetrjy6irs

Ottobot

Re: Lion!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 07:55:10 PM »
Chill out, dude!!!

Some new features not mentioned on Apple's site. (From Apple Insider: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/10/21/apple_leaks_new_scroll_bar_ui_details_in_mac_os_x_10_7_lion.html)

Vanishing scroll bars: Just like the iPad, the scroll bar hides itself when not in use. An effort to create a cleaner and more simplified interface.

Window buttons centered: I'm not sure if this is on all windows or just the Mac App Store, but the window control buttons are now centered with the toolbar buttons rather than being up in the title bar, also ridding the use of a title bar altogether.

Also one item to note, look at the dock, notice that none of the active apps have the blue indicator light underneath them. Well according to Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X_Lion) apps now resume in the state they were left when they were closed. When you really think about it, this pretty much makes "quitting" an app completely irrelevant. Sounds like how programs on Windows work when you close them out. Again, most likely has nothing to do with it being more "Windows-like" but rather more "iPad-like."

Shadowbreaker

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 10:32:42 PM »
I heard on IMG that the App Store might not bode as well for Mac software as Apple thinks. They said it was going to cause "a flood of 99c apps" and divert all of IMG's spotlight to Apple. They also complained that the app store would prohibit any games involving shooting and violence and stuff (the usual), which I guess doesn't really prohibit Pangea's games much, but it might set a bad impression for troubled 15 year olds that macs don't have violent games to play.

Provided the app store doesn't affect us grizzled and experienced Mac users, I don't see the harm in it though.

On another note, I don't see anything wrong with the other features except the app memorizing thing. That seems kind of stupid and a complete waste of memory. If I want to quit Photoshop because I'm pissed off with how bad my picture is looking, I expect it to be closed and gone from memory, not there the next time I open it.

I also don't get what's so special about the picture of iPhoto they put up... if you want to see just that one photo, then... that's what you're gonna see regardless. To me it seems like they think modifying iPhoto slightly constitutes a big massive upgrade to the whole operating system.

Westernden

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 05:46:51 AM »
This is getting to extreme levels of awesomeness. Excuse me a moment, so that I may properly compose myself.  ;D

Ottobot

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 09:05:37 PM »
On another note, I don't see anything wrong with the other features except the app memorizing thing. That seems kind of stupid and a complete waste of memory. If I want to quit Photoshop because I'm pissed off with how bad my picture is looking, I expect it to be closed and gone from memory, not there the next time I open it.
My guess is that they might allow you to toggle this feature.

I also don't get what's so special about the picture of iPhoto they put up... if you want to see just that one photo, then... that's what you're gonna see regardless. To me it seems like they think modifying iPhoto slightly constitutes a big massive upgrade to the whole operating system.
It's probably the only thing they can show at this time. It seems like to me the entire operating system is gonna get a huge overhaul despite what we have seen so far.

Anybody remember the very first sneak peak of Leopard on Apple's website? The pictures depicted it looking exactly like Tiger. Then a few months later, we are introduced to an almost entirely redesigned interface.

Shmilblix

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 01:07:34 PM »
They also complained that the app store would prohibit any games involving shooting and violence and stuff (the usual), which I guess doesn't really prohibit Pangea's games much, but it might set a bad impression for troubled 15 year olds that macs don't have violent games to play.

Well Bioshock and Borderlands are available on the mac app store and they both involve shooting and violence and stuff. I mean, bioshock is about an utopic city that fell into chaos, madness and anarchy because humans tried to modify their body, using a substance gathered by lobotomized young girls that have absolutely no mind on their own. Happy stuff. It features Alcohol, tobacco, drugs, sexual violence, horror, and stuff.

Muel

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 07:22:33 AM »
How much do you think it will cost? I'm guessing between £80-£150 but I might be totally wrong.

Westernden

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 06:23:44 PM »