Author Topic: NEW!! Nanosaur 2: Battle  (Read 4906 times)

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
NEW!! Nanosaur 2: Battle
« on: August 30, 2012, 05:11:19 PM »
Air Wings was such a success that we decided to create a new version of Nanosaur 2 which, like Air Wings, is just multiplayer flying battles.  No single player, no racing.  Just you, other players, and weapons!  The game is 100% free, and here's the best part:  the multiplayer Battles are compatible with the full version of Nanosaur 2: Hatchling.  So, you can Battle other players with either version of the game!

This should seriously increase the pool of players for Nanosaur 2 in the next few days.  Also, if you're on the full version of the game and you invite a Friend who's running the free Battle version then you can invite them to play the Race and Capture the Flag modes as well!

The game just went live, so if this link doesn't work just wait a short while:  http://bit.ly/OMuHme

-Brian

Ottobot

Re: NEW!! Nanosaur 2: Battle
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 06:05:41 PM »
Good, you advertised it through Air Wings, hopefully you'll get a surge of Nanosaur II traffic that way.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 10:43:41 PM »
Well, I don't know if the Battle version was too successful.  Thing were going great for the first several days because we got a lot of press about it, but now it's just cannibalizing sales of the full version, and not generating much iAd revenue.  On top of that, we aren't getting enough players to ever get 4-way matches.  Occasionally we can get 3-ways, but at any given time there are only 4-17 people online playing the game.

There's going to be a similar version of Cro-Mag Rally coming out which does the same thing - just a multiplayer online racing version without the other stuff.  Not sure if it'll fare any better.

-Brian

donut

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 11:22:56 PM »
wuuhuuu!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 02:29:31 PM »
Ok, I'm stumped.  The new Nano 2 Battle app started to get some love from Apple on the iPad App Store, and as a result our rankings are SKYROCKETING!!!  Check out the chart:

We're now the #185 free iPad Game, #56 Action, and #22 Kids.  We were barely ranking 2 days ago, so you'd think such a huge jump would be reflected in downloads and sales, but it's not.  Yesterday, the # of Nano Battle downloads was not much than it was prior to the jump.  Also, the iAd revenue was almost exactly the same as it was, and the # of players online at any given moment is only up slightly.

So, I'm stumped.  All I can guess is that the people who are downloading it are never actually playing it, or there's something else going on like iPad downloads not really mattering.  Our iPhone ranking are still pretty much zip.

-Brian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 12:19:49 PM »
Well, that didn't last long.  The free version has started to cannibalize the full version just as the free Cro-Mag did.  So, I've taken the free one down :(  It was worth a try.  At least with Nanosaur 2 there were actually enough players online to get Battle matchups.  Unfortunately, it was costing us money instead of making it.

-Brian