Author Topic: Bugdom and Nanosaur for ipod touch/iphone  (Read 5623 times)

jx56wb

Bugdom and Nanosaur for ipod touch/iphone
« on: January 02, 2011, 01:19:26 AM »
So the Bugdom 2 and Nanosaur 2 game are available in the apple store and are very good games.  What about their originals?  I used to play them back in the day on my computer but I've since updated my computer so now i cannot play either of them.  I thought they were fun games.  I was wondering if you guys were going to make them for the itouch/iphone?  Oh and by the way the Cro mag rally game is great!!!

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bugdom and Nanosaur for ipod touch/iphone
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 08:12:08 AM »
Bugdom 1 and Nanosaur 1 were written using Quickdraw 3D and RAVE.  Two technologies that Apple killed and did not bring to OS X.  So, unfortunately, getting those games converted to OpenGL would be a huge task requiring a rewrite of the entire game, so it never happened.   It's unfortunate because Bugdom 1 was our most popular game ever.

-Brian

twilightsucksass

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 09:33:16 PM »
Do you think that you'll ever do a Half-Life Source or Black Mesa Source type thing with Bugdom? If you don't know what I'm talking about, Valve converted their game Half-Life from GoldSRC into the more modern Source, although this simply ported all of the models and such, and Black Mesa Source a total conversion mod w/ redesigned enemies,AI, and levels. So, do you think you'll ever consider a "Bugdom HD" with super awesome graphics and slightly redesigned levels and gameplay?

Fordcars123

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 09:46:17 PM »
Why don't you take like Bugdom 2 or Ottomatic's scripts, change music, skeletons, models and physics barely doing any work!