Author Topic: The Music Thread  (Read 4617 times)

Westernden

The Music Thread
« on: December 30, 2010, 07:15:37 PM »
Had to happen. Favorite musicians/music? ;D

Shadowbreaker

Re: The Music Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 08:24:43 PM »
I listen to soundtracks from expensive movies mostly, and songs from video games (I love Pangea's music, especially Billy Frontier, because it's so catchy!). Anyone who likes techno-y stuff from video games should look up the Caesar 3 soundtrack... it's like... techno, without the techno.

On soundtracks, Hans Zimmer is usually pretty good, even though his soundtracks have a tendency to sound the same. I tried out the Harry Potter soundtracks too, but they really did sound the same- a whole bunch of sad quiet notes that didn't sound like anything, and that's like every album after the 3rd one. Trailer music doesn't interest me very much though (I know it's Aleksander Dmitrijevik's speciality :P)

I also have a strange liking for midi files, although it's mostly the midi files that were actually written to sound like songs, not sheet-music versions of pop songs. Marathon's "New Pacific", "New Pacific Reprise", and "What about Bob" are just amazing in midi format, and some of the other songs are good with real recording. I also stumbled across some amazing midi files by Bjørn Lynne, he's some TV composer dude.

I used to be really into all of this Power Metal stuff, when Dragonforce was the shiznae. I guess it got old after a while. I was far too cynical to like anything other than Dragonforce, Nightwish, and Sabaton actually, because I never liked anyone else's voice.

I also listened to rap for a bit, but Chamillionaire's hooks got incredibly old after a while, as did Rakim's love songs.

I guess the most popular bands I have on my library are Muse and System of a Down, but they got old too. Muse's voice is just horrificly bad, but the music helps capture some moods that the rest of my music doesn't.

Oh yeah, and I also got this album by this band called "The Third Realm", called "Love is the Devil". (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2J-tycsvQI)  It's like this incredibly arresting techno music, and it was so creepy that it made me feel almost detatched from reality. I made a really cool thingy in photoshop while I was listening to it though.

szigetir

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 02:00:51 AM »
Yipykayai people!
Wolfmother, lady gaga, Hilltop hoods, Gorillaz.

Westernden

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 08:13:26 AM »
Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Elton John, David Bowie, Gorillaz, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin

szigetir

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 11:22:26 PM »
Muse

Westernden

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 08:47:27 AM »
Muse rocks  ;D

fernandovalente

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 09:09:30 PM »
Michael Jackson is the BEST! :D