Author Topic: Enigmo is now free!  (Read 5839 times)

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Enigmo is now free!
« on: August 09, 2012, 03:24:55 PM »
The Mac version of Enigmo is now free:  http://www.pangeasoft.net/enigmo/

-Brian

Ottobot

Re: Enigmo is now free!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 05:57:51 PM »
Forever? Why? And will there be a Mac App Store version?

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 09:14:39 PM »
We weren't selling any - everyone buys the iOS version, and while updating it to work on 10.8 the serial # code broke, and I'm too lazy to figure it out and fix it, so it seemed best to just make it free.  Enigmo 2 still costs $ tho.

-Brian

Ottobot

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 09:40:10 PM »
Alright, that clears things up a bit. Thanks!

Also, I wanna point out that Gate Keeper says that the app is from an unidentified developer, despite the fact that Pangea sells apps on both App Stores, you'd think Apple would recognize you guys.

But one needs to access the Security and & Privacy settings in System Preferences and check "Anywhere" under "Allow applications downloaded from:" to run Enigmo.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 09:41:50 PM »
Gatekeeper sucks.

Ottobot

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 09:53:29 PM »
I think Gatekeeper's purpose is pretty reasonable, considering the recent trojan horse scares that have made the news recently. But the old "you are about to open an application from the internet, are you sure you want to do this?" message worked just fine. I think Gatekeeper was added in because there's a bunch of people out there stupid enough to ignore that warning. (Never mind the fact that they would had have to venture into the real murky parts of the internet to download the trojan in the first place.)

What was really weird was that when I installed Mountain Lion on my Mac, it was already set to "Anywhere." Not sure why it was like that, maybe it knew I had common sense?

Fordcars123

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 07:41:24 PM »
Oh man 10.8! I'm still on 10.5 :D