Author Topic: Question about Bungie  (Read 20048 times)

im_a_weekend_warrior

Re: Question about Bungie
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 11:37:49 AM »
Well dad gum! Reconfigure the files into OpenGL and rewrite the app in Cocoa and you have yourself a Mac OS X port!

Or...is that easier said than done?

I don't know since we don't have access to the source code.  Based on playing the game itself (and on my knowledge of C, Obj-C, and opengl), I could probably have it all ported within a month or so.  Based on Brian's knowledge (which is based on his apps) I would be willing to bet he could port it in less then 2 weeks, but I highly doubt he would since he doesn't seem to like weekend warrior that much.

This is assuming that the game is as simple as it appears, of course. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 11:41:09 AM by im_a_weekend_warrior »

Ottobot

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 11:48:52 AM »
Yeah, I don't think he's gonna port Weekend Warrior to OS X any time soon. Being a freeware app, I'm sure someone could do it. You'd have to ask for the source code and/or whether or not he's fine with you doing this.

The games worth porting for Pangea would be Bugdom and Nanosaur. The games are still selling in their current OS 9 forms as it is. People would wee themselves if they saw these games come to OS X and iOS.

im_a_weekend_warrior

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 11:58:54 AM »
Yeah, I don't think he's gonna port Weekend Warrior to OS X any time soon. Being a freeware app, I'm sure someone could do it. You'd have to ask for the source code and/or whether or not he's fine with you doing this.

The games worth porting for Pangea would be Bugdom and Nanosaur. The games are still selling in their current OS 9 forms as it is. People would wee themselves if they saw these games come to OS X and iOS.

I would pee myself. 

I would definitely at least attempt to port weekend warrior if I had access to the source code.  I really want to play it again (I've switched all my computers to intel, and as far as I know sheepshaver doesn't really like weekend warrior, I heard it plays, but not very well.)

nmz502

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 03:27:23 PM »
I like this game to!

Ottobot

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 03:36:26 PM »
I would pee myself. 

I would definitely at least attempt to port weekend warrior if I had access to the source code.  I really want to play it again (I've switched all my computers to intel, and as far as I know sheepshaver doesn't really like weekend warrior, I heard it plays, but not very well.)

I heard that SheepShaver isn't compatible with Quickdraw 3D for some reason. That's why games like Bugdom and Nanosaur crashes on SheepShaver.

im_a_weekend_warrior

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 04:48:47 PM »
I heard that SheepShaver isn't compatible with Quickdraw 3D for some reason. That's why games like Bugdom and Nanosaur crashes on SheepShaver.

QuickDraw 1.5.4 works, but not very well

Fordcars123

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 07:37:48 PM »
Actually, Brian could use his "Home-Made" game engine and just use Weekend Warrior's original models, skeletons, menus, music...

actionjack84

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2013, 11:45:08 AM »
I'm fairly sure Weekend Warrior was included with the Power Computing, Powerbase 180 system, along with the Pangea Gerbils program.
Ha Ha.  My PowerBase 240 sill runs like a top! Uh a slow one though. I think it even has Netscape Navigator running on it!

Fordcars123

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2013, 05:19:07 PM »
Wow PangeaSoftware should be in the record books!!!! I remember Gerbils!, I still have it running on my G3.

Jester

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2015, 12:58:21 AM »
Never played Gerbils, but I really don't think Weekend Warrior was THAT bad.  I'd agree it definitely wasn't Pangea's best, but it was still neat.  My only complaint about it is that I felt kind of disconnected with it on an immersive level, if that makes any sense.

Squiggledog

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2015, 06:20:52 PM »
Oh, he would be fine with it. It's freeware, he said you can give it to whomever you want.