Author Topic: Bugdom  (Read 6891 times)

Storyteller

Bugdom
« on: April 15, 2012, 11:29:25 PM »
I grew up on Pangea's old Mac games (Bugdom was my absolute favorite, but I also loved Nanosaur, Weekend Warrior, Mighty Mike, Cro Mag Rally, and Otto Mattic haha — they all provoke very fond memories). Unfortunately, my old OS 9 iMac no longer works. Now I have an intel based iMac and Macbook. To my horror, I discovered none of these golden oldies work on either. I have a terrible feeling I'll never get to play these again unless I buy another old computer on eBay or something.

Is there any chance they'll ever be converted to intel compatible? At the very least, how about just Bugdom being converted?

It's a shame that old computer/video games aren't treated with the same respect as classic films. People want to enjoy classic films decades after they're made, but obsolete video games just seem to be thrown aside in the trash and forgotten :(

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bugdom
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 12:31:16 PM »
I really wish there was a way to get Bugdom on OS X.  We tried a few years ago, but it just had too much old OS 9 stuff in it to do it without a total rewrite.  Most people think Bugdom is the best game we've ever done, and I'm tempted to agree, so it's a shame that it can't be played anymore.

-Brian

Storyteller

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 01:46:31 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. That's too bad that you guys tried to convert it but weren't able to. It's a such a great game.

Fordcars123

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 09:51:24 PM »
Why don't you take like Bugdom 2 or Ottomatic's scripts, change music, skeletons, models and physics barely doing any work!
i would nearly be willing to do the work.

ottobugdom

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 03:46:13 AM »
Brian, i'm sure many people are waiting for an os x version of Bugdom which should make a rewrite of the game worth it. Bugdom was just the best

Fordcars123

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 07:42:35 PM »
It is so worth rewriting Bugdom! At least 100 people are saying this either on the forums or on FaceBook. People would be willing to by and it would be awesome! Seriously you have to rewrite it.

Fordcars123

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 07:46:32 PM »
Ok I know you would have to find Bugdom 3D models, convert them to BG3D, find the music and convert from aif to mp3 or whatever and the rewrite it but it would be really worth. Really worth it. :) :)

It would be a GREAT Pangea Software 25 years present.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:49:51 PM by Fordcars123 »

L1CHable

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 10:43:21 AM »
I just wanted to know, if i buy bugdom for windows 7 , will it run ? Thanks.

Fordcars123

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 08:37:10 PM »
Please be more specific, Bugdom or Bugdom 2?

MHAHAHAHA happily I still have an awesome PowerBook G3 that has nearly all PangeaSoftware mac os 9 games :D

RollieMcFly27

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 05:37:39 PM »
I've been playing this game since I was 2 years old.
Then when I was 11 I finally beat it!
I was the happiest boy that day!
But, Then 3 years later, The Mac Os 9 suddenly turned off.
Everytime I try to turn it on, All I get is 3 beeps and nothing else...
It would be the greatest day of my life just to play Bugdom one more time until I beat it...
There are other interests, But my mind always (and I mean Always) reflects on my most favorite game and remember all those countless hour I'd spent trying to beat it...

I never forgot Bugdom... And never will...

Fordcars123

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 05:23:30 PM »
Hehe good thing I have a PowerBook G3 with all PangeaSoftware's games running on it ^-^