Author Topic: Monkey Bongo released!  (Read 7219 times)

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Monkey Bongo released!
« on: October 30, 2011, 08:43:27 PM »
Austin, Texas – October 31, 2011 – Pangea Software, creators of the best-selling iOS games Enigmo, Cro-Mag Rally, and Nanosaur 2 announces the release of their latest game, “Monkey Bongo”.

Monkey Bongo is a physics based puzzle game where the goal is to throw bananas to the Toucans while swinging on vines, blowing up crates of TNT, and solving fun and challenging puzzles. 

“When we started Monkey Bongo our goal was to make a game that would appeal to everyone,” says Brian Greenstone, President of Pangea Software, “I think we really nailed it on this one because Monkey Bongo is the best iOS game that we’ve done so far.  We put a lot of effort into making the game both funny and fun, and we loaded it up with lots of the bells and whistles.”

Monkey Bongo runs on any iOS device with iOS 4.3 or later, and it is natively AirPlay compatible, so you can play the game wirelessly on your living room TV set in full high-definition.  The game is also Game Center compatible, so players can compete for high scores against other Monkey Bongo players around the world.

Pangea is offering Monkey Bongo on the App Store at an introductory price of just 99 cents: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monkey-bongo/id459431520?mt=8  The game’s regular price will be $2.99.

For more information, screenshots, and videos of Monkey Bongo please visit: http://www.pangeasoft.net/iphone/monkeybongo/info.html

Members of the media can request free promo codes for Monkey Bongo by contacting brian@pangeasoft.net

####

About Pangea Software:
Founded in 1987 by Brian Greenstone, Pangea Software, Inc. is a versatile and progressive software developer that is independently owned and operated. Based in Austin, TX, the award-winning Pangea team is focused on creating original titles for the Apple/Mac platform that are fun for the entire family.

MEDIA CONTACT:
Brian Greenstone
Pangea Software, Inc.
brian@pangeasoft.net
(512)266-9991

szigetir

Re: Monkey Bongo released!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 10:58:44 PM »
Austin, Texas – October 31, 2011 – Pangea Software, creators of the best-selling iOS games Enigmo, Cro-Mag Rally, and Nanosaur 2 announces the release of their latest game, “Monkey Bongo”.

Monkey Bongo is a physics based puzzle game where the goal is to throw bananas to the Toucans while swinging on vines, blowing up crates of TNT, and solving fun and challenging puzzles. 

“When we started Monkey Bongo our goal was to make a game that would appeal to everyone,” says Brian Greenstone, President of Pangea Software, “I think we really nailed it on this one because Monkey Bongo is the best iOS game that we’ve done so far.  We put a lot of effort into making the game both funny and fun, and we loaded it up with lots of the bells and whistles.”

Monkey Bongo runs on any iOS device with iOS 4.3 or later, and it is natively AirPlay compatible, so you can play the game wirelessly on your living room TV set in full high-definition.  The game is also Game Center compatible, so players can compete for high scores against other Monkey Bongo players around the world.

Pangea is offering Monkey Bongo on the App Store at an introductory price of just 99 cents: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monkey-bongo/id459431520?mt=8  The game’s regular price will be $2.99.

For more information, screenshots, and videos of Monkey Bongo please visit: http://www.pangeasoft.net/iphone/monkeybongo/info.html

Members of the media can request free promo codes for Monkey Bongo by contacting brian@pangeasoft.net

####

About Pangea Software:
Founded in 1987 by Brian Greenstone, Pangea Software, Inc. is a versatile and progressive software developer that is independently owned and operated. Based in Austin, TX, the award-winning Pangea team is focused on creating original titles for the Apple/Mac platform that are fun for the entire family.

MEDIA CONTACT:
Brian Greenstone
Pangea Software, Inc.
brian@pangeasoft.net
(512)266-9991
you rock.
it's not even November.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:01:04 PM by szigetir »

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 09:07:49 AM »
Monkey Bongo is off to a very slow start.  Slowest release we've ever had.  Only around 450 copies sold since Friday night when it was released.  That's how many we'd normally do in the first day of a new release.  Seems there's a lot of competition these days, and this was the first time ever that apparently *nobody* picked up our press release, so we got no coverage at all.

Pretty sad because it's a great game.  I hope it doesn't fizzle out before it even gets started.  I normally get tons of requests for promo codes to do reviews, but this time only 1.  Arg...

-Brian

szigetir

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 03:43:26 PM »
Monkey Bongo is off to a very slow start.  Slowest release we've ever had.  Only around 450 copies sold since Friday night when it was released.  That's how many we'd normally do in the first day of a new release.  Seems there's a lot of competition these days, and this was the first time ever that apparently *nobody* picked up our press release, so we got no coverage at all.

Pretty sad because it's a great game.  I hope it doesn't fizzle out before it even gets started.  I normally get tons of requests for promo codes to do reviews, but this time only 1.  Arg...

-Brian
Android might be taking over, it's  8 times cheaper than an iPhone. I had one but got stolen.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 03:45:05 PM »
No, Android has nothing to do with it.  iOS is still the App King.  We've gotten a little bit of press today, so things have improved a little but still, it's a pretty poor start to a game that took longer to make than any of our other iOS games.  I had really hoped for a better launch.

-Brian

szigetir

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 12:48:43 AM »
No, Android has nothing to do with it.  iOS is still the App King.  We've gotten a little bit of press today, so things have improved a little but still, it's a pretty poor start to a game that took longer to make than any of our other iOS games.  I had really hoped for a better launch.

-Brian
found this press release:
http://www.loopinsight.com/2011/11/01/pangea-releases-monkey-bongo-game-for-ios/

snowy muel

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 04:25:49 PM »
The game looks great Brian, but unfortunately my old iPod hasn't got 4.3 and I really don't want to update it. However, I may be buying a new iPod soon :) 
I've also emailed Slide to Play to ask for a review - hopefully they'll do one :D

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 04:40:44 PM »
Thanks!  Yeah, we had to make all of our new stuff require iOS 4.3 or later due to some technical changes that Apple advised at WWDC.  It's actually a very good thing moving forward, but it means that folks with old devices will be left in the cold.

-Brian

szigetir

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 10:52:06 PM »
I'm not sure what version I have. It's been a while since I used my iPad.