Author Topic: Enigmo 2 Deluxe for iPad?  (Read 8164 times)

Ottobot

Enigmo 2 Deluxe for iPad?
« on: December 16, 2010, 11:46:31 PM »
Will it ever happen?

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Enigmo 2 Deluxe for iPad?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 07:33:53 AM »
Not likely since Enigmo 2 is already universal, and Enigmo Deluxe doesn't sell squat anyways.

-Brian

aaronptrck

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 10:19:56 AM »
Not likely since Enigmo 2 is already universal, and Enigmo Deluxe doesn't sell squat anyways.

-Brian

That's really surprising.... Enigmo 2 (in my humble opinion) is SO much better than the original! I bought my copy the day it came out for my iPod. I think what Ottobot is really asking is whether or not you plan on implementing some of the features you have on Enigmo Deluxe (namely the custom level features).

Westernden

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 02:35:24 PM »
That might be kinda tricky to code, seeing as how E2's in 3-D.

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 04:33:06 PM »
Well, the original Mac version had the level editor, and that's actually how the levels were built, so it's not really tricky at all.  The problem is simply in justifying the time it would take to put the editor back into the iPhone version.  Considering how poorly Enigmo Deluxe is selling on the iPad it is hard to justify doing it for Enigmo 2 as well.

-Brian

Ottobot

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 10:08:10 AM »
Yikes, I wonder why it's selling so poorly. You would think players would have been excited about making their own levels. Then again, you would have to consider how many people own iPads vs. those who own iPhones and iPod Touches, seeing that Deluxe only works for the iPad.

aaronptrck

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 06:01:57 PM »
Getting back to this idea....

Brian would it require a lot of time and programming on your part to implement a game file selector that is found in Enigmo Deluxe? What I'm referring to in particular is allowing the user to select a ".e2gm" file from their computer and being able to play that game on an iPod/iPad/etc. Doing this would eliminate the for a level editor....

BooGappa

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 08:08:51 PM »
I actually started work on Nucleus about a year ago, but then everything got put on hold when the iPad announcement came.  All of 2010 has been about updating the older apps for the new hardware and software, but I'm hoping to get back on with Nucleus soon apple accessory ipad2 cases leather ipad 2 case.