Author Topic: Nitro question  (Read 4581 times)

conejo23

Nitro question
« on: October 19, 2011, 07:56:45 AM »
Here's something I don't understand about this game. I'm in the Catapult, one of the fastest cars in the game according to their speed ratings. I have 3 nitros and use them down the stretch one into another into another. And sometimes while doing that, I get PASSED by slower cars without nitro, like hot rocket or the turtle car.

how can that happen?

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Nitro question
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 08:59:23 AM »
Hmm... not sure.   The nitro has a max speed regardless of which care you're in, so if others have a nitro then they'll be going the same speed as you no matter what.  But they should not be going faster... unless you're on bumpy ground.  The cars with better suspension will go faster on bumpy ground.

-Brian

conejo23

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 09:11:35 AM »
when another car uses nitro, I usually can hear the sound effect from this. I was racing this morning and going down the final stretch and would use a nitro, wait til it was almost expended, then use the next, then use the next. During this, 3 other cars all caught up to me and PASSED me, and none of them were using nitro.

that makes absolutely no sense to me.

edit: FYI, I was on the very first course, whatever that's called.  I invoked the first nitro after clearing the row of oils (gotta be careful there so as to not lose the nitros by hitting an oil).

and an aside: with the new version for ios5, it's a pain to select the track. The track never selects upon the first touch, I usually have to touch it 2-3 times before it selects. The car selection sometimes takes a couple of touches, and then the character selection has never taken more than one.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 09:15:18 AM by conejo23 »

Fizz

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 01:47:29 PM »
I've just started to play Cro-Mag, and I also noticed when I'm in the Desert scene (playing at the "hard" level) and I use the "nitro", other cars (1 or 2) are catching up to me, and I know for a fact they haven't used the "nitro."  Playing at the "hard" level is almost like playing in a car derby.  When I reach the finish line, most of the cars are aiming to drive me off the course.