Author Topic: Let the pilots determine who wins  (Read 498 times)

BK

• View Profile
Let the pilots determine who wins
« on: November 19, 2017, 02:19:14 PM »
I’ve come to the conclusion that veteran players are throttled in terms of shield, like there are player groups haveing different settings depending on skill level, points accumulated, ranking on leader board, etc., all to protect newer players from getting frustrated...if not,then I’m not sure what’s going on.
Could we try an experiment with the game? Could you set ALL the planes shield to the SAME SETTING...preferably a higher setting like the Wright Flyer....This will allow for some dogfighting...by putting the shield the same for all planes, the skill of the pilot will determine the outcome of the game, not what plane your flying.

BK

• View Profile
Re: Let the pilots determine who wins
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 07:15:08 AM »
Since you aren’t interested in my previous suggestion...how about adding 10% speed to ALL the planes, change it up a little...more speed equals more fun...try it for a month...see how everyone likes it....something simple for you to do...come on Biggie G...it will be well received...

George27/MENUEZ1976

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 09:36:02 AM »
😂🤣😂 Silly BK, let the players decide who wins? That’s not fair, that would mean that the less skilled players might lose! Brian and Apple are not interested in competition, they are obviously more focused on the important things in life, you know, equity of outcome!👍 The amount of time and practice that one accumlates is actually an unfair advantage so the only FAIR option is to weigh down those of us that have applied ourselves to learning the craft of AirWings piloting for a longer period of time.

As a matter of fact, I have been feeling extremely guilty about winning lately. So much so that I was going to request that Brian get rid of the “You Win” screen and especially the “You Lose” at the end of each game!
I just feel horrible knowing that someone might actually read the “You Lose” and then have to somehow, figure out a way to continue on with their lives! Since we are at it please get rid of those nasty and mean spirited pencils, darts, rubber bands, bombs and probably the spitballs (we don’t want to tear down any forests).

Thank you Brian for forcing us to remain on the “right” path, if it wasn’t for you and Apple, some people could possibly find out that there are actually pilots that are better than they are, what is world coming to???

James

• All in fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 10:32:04 PM »
Since you aren’t interested in my previous suggestion...how about adding 10% speed to ALL the planes, change it up a little...more speed equals more fun...try it for a month...see how everyone likes it....something simple for you to do...come on Biggie G...it will be well received...
I personally think unlimited wind would be cool.  Maybe even make that one of the things you gain by collecting coins. 

phattode

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 02:19:32 PM »
I personally think unlimited wind would be cool.  Maybe even make that one of the things you gain by collecting coins.

You already have unlimited wind. silly squirrel

Luther Unleashed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 06:53:06 PM »
 I think that Bryan is simply in a much, and I do mean much different position and we are as veteran players.   Many of us veteran players want to let our skill do the talking. We have played for a long time and we should be better.   The ultimate problem is there’s not enough of us to continue growth and for obvious financial benefits because most of us have already bought most of the packs.

I do agree with BK however and I believe that most people will understand that you have to play to get good at it but then again there’s also that dilemma which he did not have years ago, some of us are so good we can single-handedly smash three new players in under four minutes, And of courseed to quickly but I think that’s why setting up the new players with extra armor works well rather than percentage.

And of course you don’t want them to get too discouraged too quickly but I think that’s why setting up the new players with extra armor works well rather than percentage.  I would not be surprised if we see a great deal of players crashing out so they can have a lower percentage as it will give them better armor but we will have to wait-and-see and perhaps test the theory.

My suggestion would be for two of us to match up, one of us with a 90% winning percentage or better and the other one with 10% or lower, obviously one of us will have to crash out if you games after just installing it and that should give us a very low percentage.   If we fly the same plane and see how much damage we receive from different ammo we should have our answer as to whether or not it’s a big deal or not. I’m very good with percentages and decimals but I do not understand ratio very well so as Bryan explained it  in the other thread  I don’t exactly understand that well.

As a veteran player I have seen a lot of changes that I do not like at all, I do not like many of the new and faster planes as they have a very heavy impact on the game and in my opinion it is a negative one especially with all of the people running as they do. I also think we should do away with health points but that being said I’m alternately fairly happy with the game and just wanted to work well. Lately I have been having a lot of issues and that’s when I care about more. Would be nice to test

BK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 07:50:12 PM »
I sort of agree with you Lex...I’m not opposed to giving NEW players shield for 200 or 300 games...but by then, they have the abilities under their belt,and THE ONLY THING that will help them get better is playing...you and I have been playing since the game came out...you are a legend in AW as far as skill and ability, and it came quickly for you...me...it has taken time...plus I left and was a top 5 player in AWI...until it faded...I came back to AW after 18 months...and while I’m pretty good...there are 10 players who are next level good..I can give em a good game...but...that’s what keeps me motivated to play..matching those 10 players abilities...only one way to do that...play them over and over...

What sucks is the handicap Biggie G imposes on us better players ( Not the newbie one) but this percentage crap for the rest of us..it just slows the game down for everyone, doesn’t give real ability feedback..because your being handicapped by the creator...for being good.
The top tier players are getting screwed the most, why?
Because most veteran players fall in the 50 to 70 percent range...and they will have a distinct advantage on 80-100 percent players...
There are many awesome players in the 50 to 70 percent range...watch and see...your test Idea will prove my point....
Solution- Shield the newbs for 300 To 400 games...EVERYBODY else should just be playing the game with no difference in settings...then you truly can gauge your skill level improvement...this makes for a faster paced game, which means more games, all with YOUR own abilities.
#dumpthepercentagehandicap

Luther Unleashed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 03:16:10 PM »
I sort of agree with you Lex...I’m not opposed to giving NEW players shield for 200 or 300 games...but by then, they have the abilities under their belt,and THE ONLY THING that will help them get better is playing...you and I have been playing since the game came out...you are a legend in AW as far as skill and ability, and it came quickly for you...me...it has taken time...plus I left and was a top 5 player in AWI...until it faded...I came back to AW after 18 months...and while I’m pretty good...there are 10 players who are next level good..I can give em a good game...but...that’s what keeps me motivated to play..matching those 10 players abilities...only one way to do that...play them over and over...

What sucks is the handicap Biggie G imposes on us better players ( Not the newbie one) but this percentage crap for the rest of us..it just slows the game down for everyone, doesn’t give real ability feedback..because your being handicapped by the creator...for being good.
The top tier players are getting screwed the most, why?
Because most veteran players fall in the 50 to 70 percent range...and they will have a distinct advantage on 80-100 percent players...
There are many awesome players in the 50 to 70 percent range...watch and see...your test Idea will prove my point....
Solution- Shield the newbs for 300 To 400 games...EVERYBODY else should just be playing the game with no difference in settings...then you truly can gauge your skill level improvement...this makes for a faster paced game, which means more games, all with YOUR own abilities.
#dumpthepercentagehandicap

I do not disagree at all, I’m just trying to be subjective but have an open mind that it may not be a huge change. My feeling is that for the guys with low winning percentages they probably aren’t going to give us a whole lot of trouble anyways,  but it’s not the move I would like to see happen, I think giving the brand new players more armor is the only way I would be completely happy with.

The thing is though I feel Bryan has always catered a little more to the newer players because getting newer players means more money.  Most of us  have paid for the packs already.  In my martial arts program I must also focus on new students  because at some point the long time students move on and go to college or do different things in their lives and if I don’t focus heavily on the new ones I have nothing, however I make it a very strong point to never let that mean that I have to forget about my long-time students. It is a balancing act but this is how I keep a very low dropout rate.  Balance is key.