Author Topic: Ios11  (Read 388 times)

DannyBoy

• AW rules! Spread the word!
    • View Profile
Ios11
« on: September 22, 2017, 08:14:17 AM »
Haven’t had gyro issues at all since upgrading to ipad pro about six months ago.   Just installed ios11and the newest AW.   Multiple gyro issues.  Steer your plane left and it goes straight into a wall. Happened about 25% of games.  Deleted and reinstalled, checked settings....  did not fix.

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Ios11
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 08:35:55 AM »
Probably not iOS 11, but just another random hardware glitch.  I've been running iOS 11 here for months and haven't seen any controls issues on any devices.  Those crazy gyro issues pop up randomly every so often and I've always found rebooting the device to fix them.  On older devices (4+ years) the gyros and such seem to start failing and eventually just go bad.

-Brian

DannyBoy

• AW rules! Spread the word!
    • View Profile
Re: Ios11
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 07:29:38 PM »
Probably not iOS 11, but just another random hardware glitch.  I've been running iOS 11 here for months and haven't seen any controls issues on any devices.  Those crazy gyro issues pop up randomly every so often and I've always found rebooting the device to fix them.  On older devices (4+ years) the gyros and such seem to start failing and eventually just go bad.

-Brian
I’ll respectfully disagree with you this time.  I’ve had the ipad pro now for about six months. Not once has my gyro wacked out during a game.  The first game after I downloaded the new ios and AW update and nearly every game throws me into a wall.  I have rebooted my device a half dozen times and deleted and reinstalled airwings twice and changed my settings from gyro to gyro/compass and back several times to no avail.  Too big of a coincidence. 

Side note: can not duplicate gyro issue in tutorial mode.  Only in multiplayer
Repeat...never ever ever in tutorial mode (doesnt sound like a hardware issue)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 07:42:17 PM by DannyBoy »