Author Topic: 12.1  (Read 1650 times)

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« on: July 19, 2017, 08:11:59 AM »
I just submitted the latest update, and I'm bumping it up to 12.1 because it has a significant new feature.  Here's all that's changed in 12.1:

•  You will now see the other players Win and Flake ratio during the connection process (only if they're also on 12.1).
•  Fixed a major memory leak and a few other smaller issues.
•  For players using the game for free there will be fewer interstitial ads.
•  Implemented an additional flake-out test which won't affect anyone but the really, really chronic flakers.

-Brian

James

• All in fun
    • View Profile
Re: 12.1
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 08:29:13 PM »
I just submitted the latest update, and I'm bumping it up to 12.1 because it has a significant new feature.  Here's all that's changed in 12.1:

•  You will now see the other players Win and Flake ratio during the connection process (only if they're also on 12.1).
•  Fixed a major memory leak and a few other smaller issues.
•  For players using the game for free there will be fewer interstitial ads.
•  Implemented an additional flake-out test which won't affect anyone but the really, really chronic flakers.

-Brian
Brian, for what it's worth. I have the newest beta update.  I tried for about 20 minutes tonight and couldn't get a 2 or 4 player matchup.  I even tried rematching with players on my recent list and received an instant "failed" message.  So I finally deleted the game and installed the app store version. ... instantly got a game connection and instantly got a re-match without the failed msg.   I then deleted the current app store version and reinstalled the beta version. Same issues came back...no game connections and "failed" msg when trying rematches.
Jaymz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 08:43:25 PM »
Well, 12.1 is out now and seems to be working fine, so you can ditch the beta.  I haven't seen to many people with 12.1 playing yet - it's easy to tell because they're the ones who's stats appear during connection.

-Brian

James

• All in fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 08:55:27 PM »
Well, 12.1 is out now and seems to be working fine, so you can ditch the beta.  I haven't seen to many people with 12.1 playing yet - it's easy to tell because they're the ones who's stats appear during connection.

-Brian
Done.  Thanks

BK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 11:14:08 AM »
I too was using the latest beta yesterday, and it was working fine...this morning cannot get ANY connections. I will download 12.1 from App Store as you told James to.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 06:58:31 PM by BK »

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 01:10:49 PM »
I've been playing on and off all day without any issues here, so I'm guessing this is just the usual Game Center flakiness.

-Brian

BK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 10:01:27 AM »
Your winning percentage count is screwing up...I started this morning at 76% and played 20 games and won them all...and I'm now at 50.8%...so much for that idea..it's not accurate at all.

test pilot #4a

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 10:50:18 AM »
Your winning percentage count is screwing up...I started this morning at 76% and played 20 games and won them all...and I'm now at 50.8%...so much for that idea..it's not accurate at all.

Ah now, BK.   That's no way to address The Creator.    Try again, more like this:

Oh, Biggie, Biggie BG the Light of Lights, Sun of Sun, our ever present center, that holds the very firmament of heaven and earth in place.....

With respect, a minor mathematical err has arisen and is....troubling.

Please tell us how it is Apple's fault.     

test pilot #4a

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 10:52:27 AM »
"....knock it off Wiggy, you aren't funny."

WRONG.

I'm both hilarious and a treat, you're all lucky I am here.

BK

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2017, 02:15:43 PM »
Your right Wiggy...I came across a little gruff?! I lost 26% in 20 games that I won...in a row...normally I wouldn't care...but now your ability at winning is displayed for the world of air wings to see...and when it's not accurate..it's annoying...so there...creator of this game...change my percentage of wins to..... Member Since - 2012

test pilot #4a

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2017, 02:24:37 PM »
Well, I've seen enough of a cross section now, of Win %, against known and unknown entities -

To comment that the numbers are exactly in keeping with all the "who's best?" lists - and my own expansive dossiers on every opponent ever faced -

To the point where - unless my opponent's Win% is maybe 5% better or worse than me, the match is pretty much a sure thing.

Taking the mystery away.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 02:31:05 PM by test pilot #4a »

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2017, 02:31:28 PM »
I've gotten a few emails about what appears to be incorrect flake and win ratio calculations, but it's actually working correctly.  The issue is that this average is over a 4 day period, so if several "Wins" get purged out it can throw the ratio off making your win ratio decrease even tho you won the previous match.  Same with the flake ratio.  Say you played 10 games around lunchtime 4 days ago, and you won them all.  Now, 4 days later, you play the game at lunch time, well, those 10 wins are thrown out and the new averages could very well be lower.

-Brian

⿻Jiji⿻

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2017, 04:45:03 PM »
If I understand the informations of the flake ratio and win % is the reflect of 4 days ago but your  game number is in time .Very Strange.

James

• All in fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2017, 07:09:19 PM »
I've gotten a few emails about what appears to be incorrect flake and win ratio calculations, but it's actually working correctly.  The issue is that this average is over a 4 day period, so if several "Wins" get purged out it can throw the ratio off making your win ratio decrease even tho you won the previous match.  Same with the flake ratio.  Say you played 10 games around lunchtime 4 days ago, and you won them all.  Now, 4 days later, you play the game at lunch time, well, those 10 wins are thrown out and the new averages could very well be lower.

-Brian
Silly question but, I can see why the flake out ratio would be based on a short period of time (that way a person can correct their bad habits and get e reset) but why are we resetting the win ratios at all?

BK

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2017, 07:14:17 PM »

-Brian
Well...I'm gonna say that it's not a reflection of anything accurate or useful to other pilots using the 4 day average...How did the old winning percentage work?