Author Topic: Penalized?  (Read 2352 times)

test pilot #4a

• View Profile
Penalized?
« on: June 25, 2017, 01:19:06 PM »
So, a cat flies the Wooden, in order to give others a shot at maybe shooting him down even once.....and matches up against a runner in a Sleigh, or Tib, or the Tubular.....and quits because why waste time with a yellow twit playing for the stalemate.....

....gets penalized for effective time management ?

Screw those runners it isn't dogfighting.

Is it a points penalty? (because zero f..... given about points).
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 01:20:50 PM by test pilot #4a »

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Penalized?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 02:11:52 PM »
No, you do not get penalized for that.  You get penalized for habitual flaking out in a short amount of time.  If you flake over 1/3rd of all games in a 4 day period you're penalized, as you should be.

-Brian

George27/MENUEZ1976

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 08:06:20 AM »
Brian,
Could you please provide a specific definition to "penalized" as applied in your AirWings realm?

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 08:10:34 AM »
So, in the older versions the penalty was that your scores stopped being saved once you hit the penalty threshold.  In the new version in addition to not having your score added to the leaderboard, you have 50% ammo and take 500% damage.  In other words there's basically no way to win when you're in the penalty box.

-Brian

George27/MENUEZ1976

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 08:28:56 AM »
And this takes effect if our flake out ratio is 33% or higher?

George27/MENUEZ1976

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 08:30:37 AM »
Over a 4 day period, that is.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 09:11:07 AM »
Correct, it's 33% over 4 days average.

George27/MENUEZ1976

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 02:45:02 PM »
Thank you, I appreciate the clarification 👍

Dansaaid 👊🏻

• Resilience
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 09:45:37 PM »
So to clarify, if your new to AW and play the game to become customised to the way to play yet find the crybabies target you when they gang up in 3/4 player, first as it's your early flying days so you avoid them by flaking out etc when you next engage them, then you get penalised ? Correct ?

Brian, why are you customising a game with the potential to delight millions against the recommendations of a few diehards who do nothing to encourage growth and just complain about the elements of the true game that they do not like, (ie) the kite, clips, wind speed , requests to improve their chosen plane ( Bk 😂😂)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 07:15:28 AM »
Everyone flakes every now and then - it happens for legit reasons.  This penalty is not for those people.  This penalty is for *chronic* flakers.  People who flake consistently and are disruptive to the game.

-Brian

test pilot #4a

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 07:45:48 AM »
An unintended side effect here may be that experienced players.....who are now forced to pay attention to their "quits"......will stay in a match with a newbie, a match that they may have left before the new penalties.

You see, there are persons out there that knowingly, willingly....play for the stalemate.

A profane person in a "say anything" style thread might call this style ...runnerbitch.

I can not abide runnerbitch as a playing style and quit when I can tell their tail is tucked firmly in their crevice.

As a result, I have to now stay in matches with newbs that I may have left before.

And although I, will sometimes take the time to act as a drone for some newbie learn to orient and shoot.....I am also likely to "END THEM," quickly,  in order to get to a real match as soon as possible.....

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 08:14:12 AM »
Nobody should have to watch their flake ratio.  It's set so high that any normal person would never hit it.  I mean if you're flaking 35% of the time then you're going to know it without having to look at your stats.  A normal player should easily be in the 7% or less range.

I'm thinking about making an addition for the next update which will pass all the player stats to each other at connection, and display some vitals on the connection screen so you can see what you're up against.  Probably can't fit that onto the iPhone screen, but I should be able to fit it onto the iPad screen.

-Brian

test pilot #4a

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 08:58:57 AM »
Perhaps I am not a normal player, and my outspoken views and gameplay have earned me a higher percentage of R'btch matchups.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 11:29:49 AM »
the latest beta that I just put out now has the player info under their name durning connection.  It will show the player win % and flake %.  However, this only works if connected to another player running this beta build.

-Brian

test pilot #4a

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2017, 01:44:30 PM »
the latest beta that I just put out now has the player info under their name durning connection.  It will show the player win % and flake %.  However, this only works if connected to another player running this beta build.

-Brian

Well then....here is your next Million bucks....

Keep in mind- this idea is courtesy of that assjole Wiggy, not me.

Give me the stats- give me a button to push - a "wager".....on my point total - or a real wager CASH......

All electronic ( YES- I know you don't know how to do it- Yes, it's difficult -all the same  THINK BIG) of course.

Let the AW junkies  wager on their skills.

Next phase AW addiction.....