Re: 12.0
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 07:35:35 PM »
That's a great idea!!!!!!!!

BK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 07:48:49 PM »
Here is some veteran advice for 12.0
Please keep the paperclips out of the new levels...or just one flashlight in some maps....
Please keep the health coins to just one per level, some with none.
Increase the speed of all the planes, quite a bit...some of the maps are big and it will add more excitement.
Thanks for considering
BK

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 08:13:55 PM »
I have all of the levels in and working - it was easier than I expected, but there's still a lot of work to do because there are some abnormalities that need to be addressed regarding certain differences between AW and AWI.  I'll probably get those worked out tomorrow.

However, the biggest dilemma is how to present this.  There are a lot of AWI levels, and I don't want to flood AW with them.  They don't really match the style of the game, so I want these to come up sparingly.  I don't know if I should make them a new Level Pack or just make them a bonus area that you have to activate somehow.  Whatever it is, I don't want every other game to be on one of these levels because it would ruin the vibe of Air Wings.

Once this is in a testable state I'll need to recruit a bunch of testers to make sure everything is working properly.

-Brian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 07:51:06 AM »
After thinking about it overnight I think the plan will be to make this an "Intergalactic Level Pack" upgrade.  It will be free for those with the Super Bundle, and $1 for everyone else.  For now I'll make the levels come up just like the others with the usual frequency, but if it becomes a problem I'll lower the frequency later.  I think as long as it's a paid upgrade then that alone should take care of minimizing the frequency.

I have all of the levels in and working.  I have to make new overhead maps for each level which will take some time, but that's about all that needs to be done at this point. 

I'm obviously not bringing the AWI ships or weapons over - this is just the levels so there's somewhere new to fly around, but everything else is still the same. 

-Brian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 04:18:15 PM »
One other thing I'm thinking about doing for 12.0 is to make it so the bigger levels are NOT chosen in 2-player matches.  If I do this, I'd like to get a consensus of which levels I should only make appear for 3/4 player games.

-Brian

BK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 06:28:13 PM »
One other thing I'm thinking about doing for 12.0 is to make it so the bigger levels are NOT chosen in 2-player matches.  If I do this, I'd like to get a consensus of which levels I should only make appear for 3/4 player games.

-Brian
I'm not so sure you want to restrict levels to two player because of size...if you brought all the levels over...is there a way to say...in the settings screen...choose the levels you want and don't want by checking and unchecking a box? Even with the AW maps? This would allow you to eliminate levels you don't like.
Some games have all the choices in a drop down box, and you select them by moving them to another drop down box.. Just a thought.
I agree no planes or ships from AWI, just the maps for flying.
One weapon you might consider bringing over is the bouncing Betty bombs...

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 10:33:34 PM »
Yeah, the idea of selecting the level was looked at as an option way back in the beginning.  We decided against it because it added an extra step.

-Brian

BK

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 07:39:30 AM »
Couldn't it be in settings, where you select your choices, it stays that way until you change it? That way, you could bring all the maps over and let the player decide what maps he wants to have in the rotation.

James

• All in fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 08:45:13 AM »

-Brian
Then again....  most 3-4 player games end up as 2 player (if not at the matchup screen then after players are killed off).  P.S. that row of health coins in the training room makes that map annoying when folks leave the battle to health up.  The coins should have been dispersed.   

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 09:27:45 AM »
BETA TESTERS WANTED!!!   Air Wings 12.0 is almost ready for some initial testing, and we need volunteers to help us test the new version.  If you'd like to help us test it first download the TestFlight App from the App Store, and then send your email address to brian@pangeasoft.net   Then I can add you to the beta distribution when it is ready.

It's worth noting that 12.0 is backwards compatible with 11.x, so it won't break your ability to actually play normal games.  It only brings up the AWI levels if it sees that all the other players in the match are on 12.0, otherwise, it plays the usual levels.

-Brian

kostrzewa

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 10:58:38 AM »
Req sent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2017, 06:14:52 PM »
Beta 1 has been submitted to TestFlight.  I have no idea how long it takes Apple to approve beta builds, but I suspect it'll be available by morning.  This build is quite good, so I encourage anyone who wants to beta test it to send me an email:  brian@pangeasoft.net

BK

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2017, 06:46:57 PM »
Biggie G...Sent my request to you..have the app.

BK

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2017, 07:09:36 PM »
And when I'm beta testing...will my score accumulate on the leader board like normal playing..I am chasing someone  8)