Author Topic: Weirdness  (Read 1031 times)

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Weirdness
« on: May 28, 2017, 01:04:38 PM »
Every so often someone reports an issue where the other player appears to be invincible.  No ammo shots seem to do any damage.  I've gotten these reports for at least 3 years, but I've never ever seen it happen until just now.  I was playing a 4-way match with someone named VINNY.  When VINNY got down to his last life nothing I shot at him did any damage at all.  Even suction cups which were clearly stuck to him.  The only thing that seems to damage him was ramming him.

So, at the end I rematched him.  Same thing.  When he got down to his last life he became invincible.

Anyone else ever seen this pattern?

-Brian

James

• All in fun
    • View Profile
Re: Weirdness
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 09:57:23 PM »
Every so often someone reports an issue where the other player appears to be invincible.  No ammo shots seem to do any damage.  I've gotten these reports for at least 3 years, but I've never ever seen it happen until just now.  I was playing a 4-way match with someone named VINNY.  When VINNY got down to his last life nothing I shot at him did any damage at all.  Even suction cups which were clearly stuck to him.  The only thing that seems to damage him was ramming him.

So, at the end I rematched him.  Same thing.  When he got down to his last life he became invincible.

Anyone else ever seen this pattern?

-Brian
It's apple's fault. 

M6

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 08:31:35 AM »
I've had this exact same thing happen and coincidentally it was with Vinny as well, he is easy to kill the first three lives but then something changes.  Suspicious!!!  I haven't seen this with anyone else.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 09:59:35 AM »
I haven't been able to invite him to a rematch since this happened, so I cannot test it further with him.

M6

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 12:23:09 PM »
Another thing to look at if you are taking suggestions.  There are folks out there still running very old versions where they have extra speed/strength etc....Furthermore for some older versions you can health up all you want and it won't diminish for them while it will for us.   Maybe you could cut compatibility with older versions so that we are all on the same playing field.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 12:27:05 PM »
 Yes, I am going to cut off the old versions very soon….And perhaps even today.

James

• All in fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 06:25:11 PM »
For what it's worth I finally updated not only to the newest AW (haven't had any worse issues than before). Still a bit difficult getting a match.

Then I updated to the newest apple ios last night.    my gyro is now screwed.   I don't get it.  I have tried rebooting the device, changing the gyro/compass choices, adjusting the sensitivity to no avail.  Feels like my plane keeps hitting air pockets and occasionally shooting me straight up in the air.  Never should have updated the ios.     

Squiggledog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 04:40:59 AM »
I think I recognize that name. He always would overly dominate and MLG everyone mercilessly. I don't think it's a systematic glitch, I think he exploits some kind of cheat to his advantage.

BK

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 10:39:48 PM »
I think I recognize that name. He always would overly dominate and MLG everyone mercilessly. I don't think it's a systematic glitch, I think he exploits some kind of cheat to his advantage.
The pilot you speak of has been playing for years, his avatar used to be John Belushi with pilots leather coat and goggles, now it's just the word VINNY...in caps.He has always been a good pilot, but since I remember, at times I thought he was cheating somehow, due to having trouble taking him down as you spoke of...I'll be watching to match up with him.

BK

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 08:17:13 PM »
The game has been glitching more and more Brian...stuttering in the hand, cycling through the planes..it's on the increase the last three days...a lot more today. You have to hit "end game" to get out of it.

James

• All in fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 09:22:30 PM »
I agree.  Very glitchy today.  Crashes back to the home screen....  players that appear to drop out but other players can still see them..  I even had darts stick to me when I was in the squirrel yesterday (that's a first). 

James

• All in fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 09:51:27 PM »
Fyi.... comment from another player (pamela410) on "another forum"

"I've been trying off and on today to play on my phone that is completely up-to-date and the games drop out either before it connects or there is a ghost player that only I can see but not the other player (in a 3 or 4 player game). The only thing that seems to work is by invite."

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2017, 07:18:04 AM »
Hopefully Apple will have v12 beta 1 ready today, and I think you'll find that to be much more stable.  It's quite rock solid for me.

-Brian