Author Topic: it too diffucult when jumping over platforms  (Read 6679 times)

szigetir

it too diffucult when jumping over platforms
« on: December 15, 2010, 06:07:42 PM »
it too diffucult when jumping over platforms.

Ottobot

Re: it too diffucult when jumping over platforms
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 07:12:52 PM »
There's a learning curve with the platform hopping. Took me awhile to master it, but eventually I got it.

Okay here's a good tip when you're jump-jetting between two platforms. You can shut off the jump-jet mid-flight by pressing the spacebar (jump button on iOS) again. Helps so you don't overshoot a platform. But you gotta time it right.

Practice!

Shadowbreaker

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 05:16:45 AM »
Hey everybody, this is my first post here.

Anyway, if you're playing the Mac version and having problems with obstacles like that, press F8 twice and it will magically reveal the collision cubes! Just aim for anywhere enclosed by the cubes surrounding the objects, and you will hit them regardless of whether it looks as if you could or not. This doesn't work on the third level though, the platforms there use polygonal collision or something.

The F8 thing is (I believe) called the debug mode, and has been around since Bugdom 1. It seems to work in all of the pangea games.

Ottobot

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 09:58:46 AM »
Hey everybody, this is my first post here.

Anyway, if you're playing the Mac version and having problems with obstacles like that, press F8 twice and it will magically reveal the collision cubes! Just aim for anywhere enclosed by the cubes surrounding the objects, and you will hit them regardless of whether it looks as if you could or not. This doesn't work on the third level though, the platforms there use polygonal collision or something.

The F8 thing is (I believe) called the debug mode, and has been around since Bugdom 1. It seems to work in all of the pangea games.
I use this a lot when I'm cloud hopping on Planet Rennie! I never had a problem with platform jumping on Snoth or Snoth's core, but when I have to jump those clouds, I get very nervous. I've only messed up a few times though. The collision cubes seem to take up an area larger than the cloud surfaces themselves.

szigetir

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 10:56:08 PM »
Otto matic is too difficult, will try F8.

Muel

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 05:06:40 AM »
The clouds slow you down fro a few seconds before letting you walk at normal speed - right of the edge!
The clouds aren't terrible mind, just try jumping in a diagonal pattern instead of running straight along one row.