Author Topic: Mighty Mike on iOS?  (Read 7986 times)

nabeel_co

Mighty Mike on iOS?
« on: June 22, 2011, 11:13:35 PM »
Consider this at least one definite customer.

Something to think about.

Hell, kids these days are replaying Sonic 1 and 2 on iOS and not ever knowing them in their original forms. I think it would be a great idea.

nabeel_co

Re: Mighty Mike on iOS?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 02:16:32 PM »
So I went to search google to see if anyone else had requested this. Having completely forgot that I posted this, you can imagine my surprise when I found this post come up and Google search.

I come back with a fresh copy of Mike Mike in hand, having gladly paid the $10.

As I'm sure you can imagine, I had quite a bit of fun playing Mighty Mike over again (my only concern being that my PowerPC G4 cube is now vintage and if it stops working I can no longer play one of my most favorite games).

If there was a version of Mikey Mike for iOS I would be ecstatic and would gladly buy it again.

Please make Mighty Mike for iOS, I would greatly appreciated!

Edit:
By the way, for all you people that come across this in a Google search and actually want get Mighty Mike for iOS, sign up and post response voicing your support.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 02:20:22 PM by nabeel_co »

Drew5555

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 03:29:34 PM »
Power Pete—yes, I'll always think of it by that name—was one of my favorite childhood games! My dad got us a Performa for Christmas 1995, and finding Power Pete on it was the most exciting part about it. It was my favorite snow day diversion for years.

I would totally pay for an iOS version of Mighty Mike. It seems like the simple control scheme would work well on an iPad, for example.

Of course, if not an iOS version, it'd be nice if Pangea would release the source code so that someone could port it to OS X/Intel. I'd do it if I had any idea how ….

You know what really sticks with me about PP/MM? The music. I especially loved the music from the second and third worlds. I still get it in my head now and then.

(Note to nabeel_co: I'm not particularly knowledgeable about this, but you should look into a PowerPC/Mac Classic emulator like SheepSaver so that you could—in theory—run Mighty Mike on an Intel Mac provided you have a copy of Mac OS 9 lying around. Not sure how smooth/stable it would be.)

gjoverto

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 04:36:42 PM »
Count me in for wanting Mighty Mike/Power Pete on iOS! My teenage son also has fond memories of this game so I think it would be popular with several generations.

Rokrad

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 04:48:43 PM »
I also endorse this too! Would really like to see it in iOS. I also have been requesting this for a while hopefully something will happen out of it.

Ottobot

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 06:49:10 PM »
I would endorse it if it was even possible. The files Mighty Mike is composed of are very outdated and aren't even compatible with OS X, never mind iOS.

Fordcars123

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 07:36:03 PM »
Pangea would either need to rewrite it completely or port to osX and then ios  that would also require a rewrite.

Drew5555

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 12:43:45 PM »
Still thinking about this …. With all the movement around the HTML5 family of technologies these days, I wonder if an open-source Javascript-based reworking of the game would eventually be a more viable way forward than a port to iOS, which may be almost equally time consuming (and more money-consuming) and which I'm guessing Pangea would have no interest in doing.

Aside from the still-nascent state of the browser as a gaming environment, my guess is that the mammoth obstacle would be refactoring/redesigning Mighty Mike to work with Canvas rather than QuickDraw (or whatever other library/ies was/were originally used). Well, that and who knows whether Pangea would have any interest in releasing the source code under an appropriate license. There are some tools to translate various languages to JS that would help.

Anyway, maybe a long shot, but I was inspired by the Quake II GWT Port (see http://code.google.com/p/quake2-gwt-port/). Or everyone could break out their old copies of PP/MM (or buy new, which I would gladly do if it helped!) and try to get them working with a Classic emulator.

Fordcars123

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 07:32:22 PM »
I never bought PowerPete/MightyMike, but I got the demo :)

But since MightyMike is a 2D sprite-based game, it would be fairly easy to rewrite.