Author Topic: iOS 8 & Air Wings  (Read 12732 times)

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iOS 8 & Air Wings
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2014, 05:49:54 PM »
Jumpy, skipping connections today big time!!  I hope this isn't permanent.  90% of my games are out of wack. Checked my connection speed and I'm far better than average. Up and download speeds in excess of 50mb, ping less than 15. Running ios8.0.2 and Aw 7.6.1.   Yuk!

Yep, I've seen that too.  It's nothing that the game is doing, so its either iOS 8 or some coincidental timing with a Game Center malfunction, or just some other random coincidence.

-Brian

tomascco

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2014, 09:34:47 PM »
I hate to say goodbye to such a fun game, but it's unplayable in its current state. Maybe iOS 8.0.3 will fix Game Center, but Air Wings is the only app seemingly affected both on my iPhone 5 and iPad 4.

DannyBoy

• AW rules! Spread the word!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2014, 11:54:42 AM »
Brian,
I have noticed every since ios8 that I can not get the FB upgrades. The screen pops up to make a selection and as soon as I touch the FB logo button, it goes back to my home screen.  I have rebooted my device and deleted and reloaded airwings several times. No change.  Any ideas?   

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2014, 12:01:31 PM »
Your'e the 2nd person to report this, so I'll have to look into it and see what's going on.

-Brian

James

• All in fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2014, 07:35:59 AM »
Seeing really big numbers of people online (compared to the usual). 50-120 range.  Never seen it this high??  Wonder what's up?  Maybe it's the zombie game we're playing attracting attention  ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2014, 09:07:24 AM »
Seeing really big numbers of people online (compared to the usual). 50-120 range.  Never seen it this high??  Wonder what's up?  Maybe it's the zombie game we're playing attracting attention  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, Game Center appears to be malfunctioning again.  I was up at 2am last night and it said there were 91 people online which is B.S.

-Brian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2014, 12:51:19 PM »
Wow, I was wrong.  There *is* a huge spike in players, and they're all in China.  If you go to the Chinese App Store you'll see Air Wings on the front page listed under "Best New Games" (why new games, I have no idea).  As a result we're seeing a massive spike in users.  Unfortunately, the Chinese don't pay for anything, so I doubt we'll see a dime from this.

-Brian

James

• All in fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2014, 01:07:29 PM »
Wow, I was wrong.  There *is* a huge spike in players, and they're all in China.  If you go to the Chinese App Store you'll see Air Wings on the front page listed under "Best New Games" (why new games, I have no idea).  As a result we're seeing a massive spike in users.  Unfortunately, the Chinese don't pay for anything, so I doubt we'll see a dime from this.

-Brian
Wow. That doesn't seem right. They're using your product and not having to pay? That sucks! 
Well maybe something good will come out of it.  More people to connect to makes for happier players.  Idk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2014, 03:07:23 PM »
Check out the spike so far today.

-Brian

James

• All in fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2014, 09:43:18 PM »
Check out the spike so far today.

-Brian
Holy Crap!!  LOL!!  Man, if you could tap into that $$ somehow, you wouldn't have to eat off the McDonald dollar menu anymore!!    ;)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2014, 07:58:38 AM »
Unbelievable...  We had over 58,000 downloads from China yesterday, when normally we would only have around 5000 worldwide. Despite having a 1000% increase in downloads it appears we only made an extra $200 from that yesterday.  This has happened before when we got love in China from Apple, and it just proves again that the Chinese don't pay for anything.  Very disappointing.

BK

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2014, 09:52:08 AM »
Unbelievable...  We had over 58,000 downloads from China yesterday, when normally we would only have around 5000 worldwide. Despite having a 1000% increase in downloads it appears we only made an extra $200 from that yesterday.  This has happened before when we got love in China from Apple, and it just proves again that the Chinese don't pay for anything.  Very disappointing.
Are you saying they hack in to get the game, obtain it some other way? Just curious..cause I'll shoot down with a purpose if that's the case..LOL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2014, 11:23:23 AM »
No, it's not piracy. It's just the fact that the Chinese don't want to pay money for anything, so they just played for free. All were getting from them is ad revenue, but at revenue is just a fraction of what we make off of the upgrades, and the amount made from add views in China is less than it is here.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2014, 08:07:34 AM »
To put things into perspective, here's a comparison between the United States and China for yesterday:

USA:
# Downloads = 2,680
$ Sales = $430

CHINA:
# Downloads = 50,056
$ SALES = $232

Around 20x the downloads, yet around 1/2 the sales.  That's roughly a 40:1 difference between China and the USA.  They can afford a $1,000 phone, yet won't pay $0.99 for software.

-Brian

James

• All in fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2014, 12:31:54 PM »
I can't help but wonder what we are missing is 50000 people download something and only 220 people are interested enough to upgrade.    I love the game, but looking at it from a newbie perspective, there is no goal to achieve. How many games do you accomplish absolutely nothing by playing as a beginner??  Imagine downloading the game, flying around, shooting in the air, or even shooting at drones, and what do you accomplish??  Nada.     Until you are competitive in matches there is nothing to "snag" a beginner.   Maybe several small beginner levels... Once you knock out so many targets you move to the next level?  Maybe a pop up box asking if you want to play multiplayer now??  Etc.     IMHO you are missing out on a gold mine.   
Jay