Author Topic: Social Rewards Program  (Read 2398 times)

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Social Rewards Program
« on: March 11, 2014, 11:23:35 AM »
Well, I still can't tell if the Facebook/Twitter rewards program is doing anything at all.  There isn't any noticeable effect from it.  If you search for #AirWings on Twitter you'll see a spattering of people (around 24 people) who have used that, and it theoretically has exposed the game to several hundred additional people.  But the end result is that I can't tell if it's actually leading to more downloads and players.

I'm not ready to kill it yet, but I'm starting to lean that way.  Or, if nothing else, I'm starting to lean towards just making that dialog not come up until later, and only once every 2 weeks instead of every week.

-Brian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Social Rewards Program
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 08:14:00 AM »
Hrm.... I'm getting frustrated because we've had quite a few people now do the Twitter thing, and it has exposed the game to 1000+ more people, yet our downloads are down this week.  It could just be that it's Spring Break, but I'm stumped.

-Brian

TLiggins

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 08:52:26 AM »
Most people are just sharing the game on Facebook with themselves. Actually I think the coolest thing so far is the kamcorder site....there's close to 500 videos posted on there already! A few of them have over 900 views...the ability to share these videos may be your best marketing tool. I made a video and tried to add music but my hand position covers the mic....videos like this, the comments, the likes, and sharing them, can grow the game,IMO.

http://www.kamcord.com/v/ckYVTkna4ih/
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:59:27 AM by TLiggins »

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 08:56:34 AM »
I think the Kamcord stuff is really cool, and keeps users engaged, but I don't know if it helps marketing at all since I don't know if anyone actually browses that site for videos.  Probably the only people looking at them are existing Air Wings users.

That being said, in the last hour we had a HUGE jump in.... Turkmenistan!

I've never seen an hourly jump like this before, so I'm guessing that one of the Twitter posts was from someone there with a few followers who all downloaded it.  I mean how many people would it take to get a 381 slot jump in 1 hour in Turkmenistan?  10?

-Brian

TLiggins

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 08:58:52 AM »
I think the Kamcord stuff is really cool, and keeps users engaged, but I don't know if it helps marketing at all since I don't know if anyone actually browses that site for videos.  Probably the only people looking at them are existing Air Wings users.

That being said, in the last hour we had a HUGE jump in.... Turkmenistan!

I've never seen an hourly jump like this before, so I'm guessing that one of the Twitter posts was from someone there with a few followers who all downloaded it.  I mean how many people would it take to get a 381 slot jump in 1 hour in Turkmenistan?  10?

-Brian

Go Turkmenistan! Lol

The ease to email these kamcorder videos...that's the cool thing, you can copy and paste them....I'm going to post mine on reddit and see if it gets any views....that kind of stuff can go viral......too bad my hand covered the music..:/

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 09:02:30 AM »
That's true.  The ability to post them other places than Kamcord.com is probably what counts. I don't have any way of tracking that, however, so I don't know how many people are doing that.

-Brian

TLiggins

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 09:06:58 AM »

Queen.0f.Mean

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 06:47:09 PM »
Well ?.. I have tried liking it and sharing it from JJs page and Tim's.... Dunno if it worked... Don't feel like it... Is there special instructions?