Author Topic: iOS controller support  (Read 4563 times)

RotoFreak

iOS controller support
« on: January 26, 2014, 07:39:31 PM »
Is anyone aware of iOS controller issues with the ipad air? I have an ipad 2 and an ipad air both with iOS 7.0.4 and both with an up to date version of cro-mag. An iOS controller works perfectly on the ipad 2, but on the ipad air only certain controls work and they are not even mapped to the correct buttons. Thanks.

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iOS controller support
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 07:43:06 PM »
Which controller are you using?  I haven't tested it on an Air since I don't own one, but on a regular Mini it works great.

RotoFreak

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 08:05:41 PM »
We are connecting ps3 controllers on jailbroken iPads. It works with all other supported games I have tried on the ipad air. Cro-mag also works with the controller on my jailbroken iPhone 5. I was just wondering if there was a known issue with the ipad air. Thanks.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 07:31:31 AM »
Yeah, that's not going to ever work reliably.  You have to use game controllers specifically made for iOS 7.

pbaokr

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 04:40:57 PM »
I was wondering if you could recommend an iPad Air compatible controller? I bought a Snakebyte, but that doesn't seem to work since I don't think AirWings supports iCade? 

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 04:51:48 PM »
The one you want is the SteelSeries controller.  It's my favorite of all of them! 

http://steelseries.com/us/products/controllers/steelseries-stratus-wireless-gaming-controller

-Brian

pbaokr

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 04:54:14 PM »
Awesome-thanks.  This works with Airwing, or as my wife says, my version of heroin.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 05:25:36 PM »
Yes, that controller (any iOS 7 compatible controller) works with Air Wings, Air Wings Intergalactic, Cro-Mag Rally, Bugdom 2, Otto Matic, Nucleus, or Nanosaur 2.

-Brian