Author Topic: Failed to find other players message.  (Read 6684 times)

Wing Commander Pepper

Failed to find other players message.
« on: November 20, 2013, 06:29:11 PM »
Oh wise and benificent Creator......( oh relax, it's funny !)

My primary GC acct is giving me trouble.....
I get a "failed to find other players" message each time I try to use it....after I switch accts.....things work fine.

Is there something I need to know about the first acct?
Have I been banned?
I've been ever so good.....laying low....takin it easy on the newbs.....I didn't carpet bomb 3G avenger when I could have......I haven't started any subversive groups or written any hilarious definitions.
Am I on "the List"?????

Curious Wiggy
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 06:34:55 PM by Wing Commander Pepper »

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Failed to find other players message.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 07:50:40 PM »
Game Center has been acting up something horrible the last few days.  We're having a hard time testing the new game that we're working on because we can't get Game Center to function 90% of the time in the sandbox, and I've seen some bizarre stuff going on with the live server too.  I've been having issues getting certain devices to even log into Game Center at all, and sometimes it says it's logged in, but when I try to do a match it says it's not logged in.

I'm not sure about per-account issues, however.  Are you sure it's not just coincidence?  Perhaps it's doing it with both accounts, but it just seems to happen more with one?

And FYI, about 2 weeks ago I sent a HUGE email to Apple with a full list of Game Center issues.  They know about all of them, but I sent the email directly to all of the people at Apple who are involved directly with it, and I told them that it's getting ridiculous that they don't ever fix any of the problems, yet with every iOS upgrade new problems are created.   At WWDC they admitted most of the major issues, but didn't seem to have much of a clue on how to fix them or if they were even going to try.  What one of the engineers told me was "connecting lots of people around the world on different networks is hard."  I swear that's a direct quote...

-Brian

Wing Commander Pepper

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 12:27:38 PM »
As Bosephus would note:

I can skin a buck...
I can run a trout line....
Blah blah blah....

But the Creator's sacred mumblings in unintelligible languages with the Oracles confuses and scares this simple 1/2 Luddite Semi-Amish country feller.....

It does seem odd though that one acct is considerably off, and 4 seconds later the other one is just fine.

I was just wondering if my overly complicated and excessively sarcastic style had offended thee-

Humbly asked oh Light of a Thousand Suns, Biggiemon the Magnificent, King of Kites, Bahsar of the Buzzer, Intergalactic Battlelord, and Texan.

And yes- when I speak with my Mom I tease and joke - I don't mean much by it- I'm just a wisenheimer.....it's apple's fault really.....other than that I am perfect.

Funny stuff there ;D

Wiggy
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 12:31:36 PM by Wing Commander Pepper »

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 12:40:46 PM »
Heh, if you're afraid I've sabotaged your account, don't worry.  I don't even have that capability.  Have you tried that account on multiple devices and on multiple networks?  Try cellular vs. wifi and vice-versa.

-Brian

Wing Commander Pepper

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 12:50:03 PM »
Heh, if you're afraid I've sabotaged your account, don't worry.  I don't even have that capability.  Have you tried that account on multiple devices and on multiple networks?  Try cellular vs. wifi and vice-versa.

-Brian

Wasn't afraid :D. Not scared of anything really, oh I guess bag fat spiders and any sized bitch divorce lawyers, but beyond that I'm sort of a Bronson meets Norris and their brief but intensely torrid romance somehow fertilized a woman far away sort of a chap. 

Just wondering about that account....I'll try the different device suggestion.

Thanks .....

PS: ....with a healthy splash of diehard, brave heart, Quigley, Aubrey, Thorin and Professor Snape rounding out my awesomeness. :D

And some Misters Badger, Rat, Mole and Toad, although unfortunately, not always in that order.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 01:00:27 PM by Wing Commander Pepper »

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 02:59:59 PM »
Game Center has been acting up something horrible the last few days.  We're having a hard time testing the new game that we're working on because we can't get Game Center to function 90% of the time in the sandbox, and I've seen some bizarre stuff going on with the live server too.  I've been having issues getting certain devices to even log into Game Center at all, and sometimes it says it's logged in, but when I try to do a match it says it's not logged in.

I'm not sure about per-account issues, however.  Are you sure it's not just coincidence?  Perhaps it's doing it with both accounts, but it just seems to happen more with one?

And FYI, about 2 weeks ago I sent a HUGE email to Apple with a full list of Game Center issues.  They know about all of them, but I sent the email directly to all of the people at Apple who are involved directly with it, and I told them that it's getting ridiculous that they don't ever fix any of the problems, yet with every iOS upgrade new problems are created.   At WWDC they admitted most of the major issues, but didn't seem to have much of a clue on how to fix them or if they were even going to try.  What one of the engineers told me was "connecting lots of people around the world on different networks is hard."  I swear that's a direct quote...

-Brian

I does make a difference when you switch iPads and I've noticed it's mainly GC to blame, because sometimes everything works just fine.

Pamela410

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 01:21:44 PM »

-Brian

Wasn't afraid :D. Not scared of anything really, oh I guess bag fat spiders and any sized bitch divorce lawyers, but beyond that I'm sort of a Bronson meets Norris and their brief but intensely torrid romance somehow fertilized a woman far away sort of a chap. 

Just wondering about that account....I'll try the different device suggestion.

Thanks .....

PS: ....with a healthy splash of diehard, brave heart, Quigley, Aubrey, Thorin and Professor Snape rounding out my awesomeness. :D

And some Misters Badger, Rat, Mole and Toad, although unfortunately, not always in that order.
Pepper.. You're one wierd dude.