Author Topic: Saucer not taking damage  (Read 4184 times)

Bk323335

Saucer not taking damage
« on: September 29, 2013, 12:25:14 AM »
Has anyone noticed in the last week, trying to kill the saucer is at times impossible.Its like the ammo is not having any effect...also.. If you shoot missiles at a saucer, if your anywhere in the vicinity of the saucer, you blow up and the saucer isn't ever smoking.
I've  played enough games to know the saucer has lots more shield, and if your close to it and you fire missiles, you die.
But the missile distance has quadrupled it's death zone, and I've unloaded ALL my ammo on a saucer today, reloaded TWO MORE TIMES..and I was smoking after unloading all three loads.
Something's changed..anyone else notice a change?

Jijitheo

Re: Saucer not taking damage
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 05:08:03 AM »
I have the same thing yesterday in craterville.
 I play with 3 saucers and one off then(the blue one ) didn't take any damage ....!I have load all my ammo too reload tree times :No damages  :o

G122061810

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 05:50:08 AM »
I've had that several times.  I'm almost positive, even if it doesn't always look that way on our end, that it is a delayed connection issue, and about sustaining damage to myself, I know what you are talking about. 

I have, however, found a way to avoid it.  However, I can DEFINITELY see how JJTheo's and BK's method of attacking could get them a lot of damage from their own shots.

Imagine shooting straight ahead, and that your ammo goes ahead, say, 10 feet.  Both of you are 'pursue-ers' - you both chase closely behind your opponent.  What seems to be happening is that you are shooting, and flying in that straight line that your ammo is traveling, straight for your opponent.  Except, by the time you travel the 10 feet to where your opponent was/where your ammo should have hit him, it appears that your OWN ammo is hitting you.  What is likely happening - even though there is no delay on your end, there is on the other.  By the time you get to where the opponent is, NORMALLY they would be sustaining the damage, but it is now YOU taking the hits/damage, because you are in the blast range they are experiencing in their delayed connection.  Because both of you travel close to your opponent, it is logical you would experience this more.  Seems strange, but I think that is what is happening.

What you need to do in such cases is this - like the darts in AW, it seems the missiles and green mines are pretty ineffective.  Concentrate on using the red photons and the white ricochets.  Shoot at your opponent, then clear out of the area - don't pursue them.  Whether or not it is a connection problem with your end or their end, if you are out of that area, the 'delayed fire' seems to not hit you.  Repeat - shoot at them (not at a close range)...fly by, shoot, clear out.  Still may take awhile, but if you see points adding up, you know (even if you don't see it), that they are taking damage.  There may be a delay, but if you keep doing that, they are taking damage and health will go down after a bit, perhaps enough to finish them off. 

I hope that is fairly clear.  Easy to do, tricky to explain.

Jijitheo

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 03:42:12 PM »
Thanks Deron .I think I have understand .
But very strange. :o

$VEGASBABY$

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 05:20:32 PM »
The Red Default Weapons do the most Damage to the Saucer. I learned long time ago that the weapons I shoot , they redirect back to me if I get to close.

Bk323335

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 05:49:30 PM »
The Red Default Weapons do the most Damage to the Saucer. I learned long time ago that the weapons I shoot , they redirect back to me if I get to close.
I already know that, I'm saying the space between ships before your affected by your own ammo has increased 3 or 4 fold, mainly the issue is saucers. Just an observation, was wondering if anyone else has experienced this themselves. Also randomly, saucers not being affected by ammo at all.

I read what you thought Deron, but I can tell a bad connection generally, and these ships seemed connected fine. Just be observant and see what you think pilots.