Author Topic: Strange spike in the # of players today  (Read 7229 times)

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Strange spike in the # of players today
« on: September 20, 2013, 05:51:49 PM »
For some bizarre reason there were a lot of people online to play AWI today.  Most of the afternoon there were between 8 - 25 people, and getting a 4-way automatch was actually easy.

I was thinking maybe we finally got some Apple love, but that doesn't appear to be the case.  Also, our rankings actually *fell* quite a bit today, so it doesn't look like we gained any more users than usual.  It must have just being a strange coincidence that so many people were online all day.

That was the most AWI I've played in many months.

-Brian

Bk323335

Re: Strange spike in the # of players today
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 08:40:06 PM »
For some bizarre reason there were a lot of people online to play AWI today.  Most of the afternoon there were between 8 - 25 people, and getting a 4-way automatch was actually easy.

I was thinking maybe we finally got some Apple love, but that doesn't appear to be the case.  Also, our rankings actually *fell* quite a bit today, so it doesn't look like we gained any more users than usual.  It must have just being a strange coincidence that so many people were online all day.

That was the most AWI I've played in many months.

-Brian
Sorry i missed you online playing AWI, competition is hard to come by these days.

Bk323335

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 01:11:44 AM »
Hey Brian..played between 12:30am and 2:00am and there were 15 players on at 2:00am with a low of 8. Backfire and I were excited! Lots of Chinese folk.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 07:43:38 AM »
Apparently we got some love somewhere, but not in the US.  There were 20,163 downloads of the game yesterday compared with around 500 or so that we usually get in a day.

I guess it was in China because according to AppFigures we're listed in the "Best New Games" category.

-Brian

Jijitheo

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 01:33:11 AM »
Today it's similar .
Very cool. :)

Bk323335

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 01:38:20 AM »
Same high numbers 15 - 25 at night, even during the day it was good four way matches most of the time. About time!

Still Crashin

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 07:13:54 AM »
I easily got 4 player games for the first time today since the game come out, which is great. Not just Chinese players either

Brian - As per the below pic the player names on the game stats page are hard to see. Not sure if it's just me or if everyone is seeing this too

Just FYI

G122061810

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 08:50:13 AM »
48 were just listed as being online!  First game back in awhile, and first four player in an even longer time.  Landed right in the middle of an intense 4 player battle with a lot of unfamiliar names.  Either lots of AWI players with changed names, or seemed like AW pros gone AWI.

I also think the names can be difficult to see.  Also, at the end of the game, in both aw and AWI, the cumulative score box is larger, and covers my score at the end of the game.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 10:14:47 AM »
Yeah, it was a change necessary for it to appear visible on iOS 7.

-Brian

G122061810

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 12:54:52 PM »
Wow!  This has been incredible this morning!  I feel like a fisherman who just arrived at the lake as it has been recently restocked!  One 4-player game after another!  Haven't been able to put the iPad down, afraid the 'fish' will somehow disappear!

Bk323335

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 02:39:53 PM »
It's like Christmas!!!

EFM 11

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 09:36:03 AM »
25 players on line right now.   ;D

Just a Clown in the Battle Cruiser. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 09:40:16 AM by efm again »

Bk323335

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2013, 11:01:19 PM »
Number of players is still up there throughout the day!

Still Crashin

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 03:16:27 AM »
I went to the Tokyo Game Show 2013 the other day & I downloaded AWI on about 20 IPads & IPhones at the Apple booth  ;D

One Apple guy asked me what I was doing, showed him AWI & for about 30 minutes we had a few battles. He loved it. I asked him to speak to the Apple Japan game guys to try & get it featured on the Japan App Store

Any little thing helps I hope

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 08:10:55 AM »
Yeah, anything helps, thanks!

I fear it may all end later today, however.  It's on Wednesday evenings that Apple refreshes the featured apps, and I expect that Air Wings Intergalactic's love will be coming to an end in China.  That will put a very quick end to our influx of 24,000 new players per day and we may be back where we started.  Even if so, it was a great week!  I had forgotten just how great this game is!

-Brian