Author Topic: Anybody know who "Ming the Merciless" is?  (Read 9459 times)

Backfire

Anybody know who "Ming the Merciless" is?
« on: June 20, 2013, 02:26:45 PM »
He is surely a forum member or someone who has been playing AWI for a while. I have had a few games with him and he got me the first two times we played with borderline questionable tactics (spawn kills, health whoring, constant re-docking, hiding - esp. in Ice Rink) etc.... once I figured these out and started using them on him, he flakes whenever I get ahead of him in kills.

G122061810

Re: Anybody know who "Ming the Merciless" is?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 02:40:51 PM »
Of course you know who he is, Backfire, but I think you've forgotten his previous identity.  I figured you may have forgotten who he is when you congratulated him on several good games, since you've had a lot of problems in the past with him flaking on you.  He is the player who has gone by many names...

..Groucho Gotcha!
..Baby Gotcha!
..Gotcha!
..Ming Gotcha!

Now....Ming the Merciless.

Backfire

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 03:25:44 PM »
Of course you know who he is, Backfire, but I think you've forgotten his previous identity.  I figured you may have forgotten who he is when you congratulated him on several good games, since you've had a lot of problems in the past with him flaking on you.  He is the player who has gone by many names...

..Groucho Gotcha!
..Baby Gotcha!
..Gotcha!
..Ming Gotcha!

That explains it.

The congratulations was more of a tongue in cheek challenge... now that I had figured out what he was doing...

EFM 11

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 03:30:48 PM »

..Groucho Gotcha!
..Baby Gotcha!
..Gotcha!
..Ming Gotcha!

That explains it.

The congratulations was more of a tongue in cheek challenge... now that I had figured out what he was doing...
I wish I had any idea if he was good or not.  He cancels every game, but not until after it starts.  That way he sits in the dock and I either need to quit and get a flake and loss or fly around for a while until I get the "you win".  Lots of fun, what a great top 10 player. :(

Backfire

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 03:49:44 PM »

..Groucho Gotcha!
..Baby Gotcha!
..Gotcha!
..Ming Gotcha!

That explains it.

I wish I had any idea if he was good or not.  He cancels every game, but not until after it starts.  That way he sits in the dock and I either need to quit and get a flake and loss or fly around for a while until I get the "you win".  Lots of fun, what a great top 10 player. :(

Yeah, I only got him to play me cause I am playing under different names and he is not on my friend's list so he cannot tell until I kick his behind. ;D 8)

Wing Commander Pepper

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 10:50:54 PM »
I didn't think Ming was Gotcha....I thought Gotcha was someone else ....

Ming is a nice guy- that much I know.

Backfire

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 08:13:39 AM »

Chris,

Ming is different from "Ming the Merciless" "Ming" is Jim... A good standup dude who I enjoy playing... Haven't seen him in AWI for a while.

EFM 11

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 10:06:59 AM »

Chris,

Ming is different from "Ming the Merciless" "Ming" is Jim... A good standup dude who I enjoy playing... Haven't seen him in AWI for a while.
Yeah.  Jim always gives a good game.

Backfire

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 08:08:16 PM »
Flaker... LOL. tried the redocking and health hogging... And when that did not worked... Flaked.

G122061810

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 08:18:09 PM »
Flaker... LOL. tried the redocking and health hogging... And when that did not worked... Flaked.

Usually it doesn't pose a problem - just a major annoyance when they are both.

Unless....
1)  You  have another very good (but non-forum member who doesn't play by the same rules) player who is out for your blood while the 'chronic docker' waits it out.
2)  You are in 'Death Match'

That just makes playing them even worse.

Worst of all - when they are both of those (health/redock) AND have connection issues.  Those are the ones I refuse to play without another respectable forum member in the mix to help out.

Thedavester...

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 12:30:50 PM »

He got his Davester day...! 8)

[attachment deleted by admin]

tomwoods99

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 05:32:53 PM »
Well, Dave, Duh!!  If you quit whenever he has the good start, but stay whenever you have the good start & the win to take a picture of it, of course you're going to look good.  If you stuck it out every game AND played w/integrity, well, then maybe people would look at your accomplishments as being . . . more accomplished.

Wing Commander Pepper

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 01:13:04 PM »
Just matched with Ming the Merciless down planet side.

He bailed on the match after two drops.

I sent a couple of nasty grams asking why.

Random matched again- and before long he had me down to my last plane and he had three- I stayed in the match, of course, and then............... I won.  You win by staying in matches Ramon.

Wiggy

G122061810

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 01:17:17 PM »
Just matched with Ming the Merciless down planet side.

He bailed on the match after two drops.

I sent a couple of nasty grams asking why.

Random matched again- and before long he had me down to my last plane and he had three- I stayed in the match, of course, and then............... I won.  You win by staying in matches Ramon.

Wiggy

True that.  The most rewarding wins are not the blow-outs, but rather the come-from-behind victories!  Love those more than anything (but not enough to deliberately fall behind)!

Wing Commander Pepper

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 01:38:09 PM »
 :D

....yup!

And after the nasty grams, I felt like a dork getting so far behind in the match.....so I let my fangs out a little further and went to work!