Author Topic: What happened to robinsonken?  (Read 5687 times)

Backfire

What happened to robinsonken?
« on: June 12, 2013, 07:43:52 PM »
I used to have many good games with him, but over the last few months all I get from him is either flaking the moment I get a single kill on him, or him doing the mima, or him flaking out on the connection screen.

Not sure how he is maintaining the high point balance  :o

Has anyone had any good games with him lately? Also if any of you are able to talk to him on mic, please ask him what his deal is. I tried talking to him - he has his mic on - but he won't respond.

G122061810

Re: What happened to robinsonken?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 09:08:55 PM »
I used to have many good games with him, but over the last few months all I get from him is either flaking the moment I get a single kill on him, or him doing the mima, or him flaking out on the connection screen.

Has anyone had any good games with him lately? Also if any of you are able to talk to him on mic, please ask him what his deal is. I tried talking to him - he has his mic on - but he won't respond.

I haven't gotten the Mima out of him, but lots of flakes - or at least it would seem that way.  Many times just collects a bunch of orbs, then...gone.  On my end, it shows that he got zero points, but I can't imagine that to be true.  He must be getting some points, or what would be his incentive for waiting until he got a bunch of orbs to quit?  I'm confused too.

Bk323335

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 08:21:02 PM »
Ditto the above...half the time as you stated, the other half is fine..we actually talk  some of the time..I don't know what's up with him...connection? Forgot to upgrade the bug fix? I'll ask him next time...BK

ccloud1611

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 12:58:17 AM »
I get the same or he only uses the laser.  :-\

ccloud1611

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 01:05:08 AM »
And what's mima?

G122061810

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 06:54:23 AM »
And what's mima?

:)  He is a player who has been mentioned in countless Air Wings forum postings dating back about a year.  He is a good player, was (is? perhaps changed name...haven't checked) always near the top of the AW charts.  However, if you went up a life on him early, rather than flake, he would launch  and immediately fly the rest of his remaining lives right into the nearest wall.  Apparently he told one forum member that if things get going fast and crazy, because he is colorblind, he can't keep up with the action.  None of us buy it.  So, now when some of us who have been around awhile say that someone is pulling a 'Mima', it means they flake or crash out as soon as they are down in lives.

Wing Commander Pepper

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 09:35:54 AM »

The technique used by players who want lots of points is to seek out people new to AWI and get on their "friends" list. Then they send out many invitations. The top 3 players on the list of highest cumulative scores have sent me something like 10 to 20 game invites in a row, and this goes on night after night. It got so bad that I removed Mr. Robinson from my friends list so I could play other people without the notifications popping up. Then Davester dropped me from his list because I was ignoring him. And I think it's obvious what happened with the #3 player on the list of cumulative points. I started winning and was beginning to ignore his game invites. I also had a few battles in both AW and AWI where I learned how to dogfight with Wiggy. I learned more from Wiggy about dogfighting in those games than in all my previous games. Everyone should fly with Wiggy and read his teaching thread.

You are most kind sir.  Thank you.

Wiggy

Jijitheo

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 03:59:49 AM »
Very boring to play with Robinsonken since a few weeks. >:(

Yesterday we have 7 or 8 battles .I win the first and second and after impossible to finish the others ;he disconnect all of them or strangely have connection problems at the time i take the advantage on him !!!
With this example it is clear that more and more people stop there part of any difficulty.(No unfortunately it is not the only one to behave this way...which may include....)

Robinsonken you are only a Newbie Killer.

It 's a shame to be the #2 and have this very bad behavior.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 05:01:07 AM by Jijitheo »

Bk323335

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 07:27:26 PM »
Very boring to play with Robinsonken since a few weeks. >:(

Yesterday we have 7 or 8 battles .I win the first and second and after impossible to finish the others ;he disconnect all of them or strangely have connection problems at the time i take the advantage on him !!!
With this example it is clear that more and more people stop there part of any difficulty.(No unfortunately it is not the only one to behave this way...which may include....)

Robinsonken you are only a Newbie Killer.

It 's a shame to be the #2 and have this very bad behavior.
I hear you jijitheo...been that way for awhile.

Jijitheo

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 04:42:26 PM »
ALWAYS FAITHFUL TO HIS STYLE OF COWARD PLAY. >:(

I always play him incognito now and when I take the advantage he flake or have suddenly problems of connection.
And when I play saucer like a newbie, he never deigns to have the guts to take also the saucer after several games he win.

BAD BAD GAMES ROBINSONKEN.

NUMBER ONE KILLER OF YOUNG PLAYERS FIRST AND TOPPING THE LIST OF DASTARD FACE GOOD PLAYERS
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 04:47:21 PM by Jijitheo »