Author Topic: DLP-Link 3D Shutter glasses (3D ready Projectors)  (Read 12626 times)

VIC20

DLP-Link 3D Shutter glasses (3D ready Projectors)
« on: March 23, 2011, 11:55:16 PM »
Just tested Nanosaur 2 with my DLP-Link 3D Shutter glasses (For 120hz Projectors synching works with a hidden light flash). It's working great while being in the game menus but when flying it looks weird, like to much separation for close objects.

Any chance for more configurations?

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: DLP-Link 3D Shutter glasses (3D ready Projectors)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 09:35:12 AM »
Wow,  you're the 1st person I've ever heard from who's got the 3D glasses!  I haven't had a CRT in so many years that I'm jealous that I can't see it with the glasses anymore.  It was pretty cool.

Since nobody else seems to use the stereo options in the game I haven't been too motivated to add more options and such, however.

-Brian

VIC20

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 12:16:16 PM »
Will be possibly much more people in the future. "3D ready" projectors are incredibly cheap these days. My setup is the emachines V100 (Acer X110) projector (255 EUR) with the Acer DLP-Link 3D glasses (70 EUR).
On Windows I can use the iZ3D drivers for stereoscopic gaming, but I still don't like to reboot. On the Mac I use "bino" to watch 3D movies http://bino.nongnu.org (somehow Quad Buffer works with my graphics card)

VIC20

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 03:46:28 PM »
I just found out it works. :) Maybe it's not made for a large projector screen, I have to change my focus and have to avoid looking at the flying dinosaur then it looks really nice. Especially shooting dinosaurs is great. Possibly it just needs a button to swap L&R picture when sync of the shutter glasses is inverted.

I started a stereoscopic project with the unity engine but it fails when it goes below 120fps because I can't use quad buffer, it has keys for separation and off-axis convergence. 
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/83595-Stereoscopic-3D-(DLP-Link-120Hz-active-Shutter-Glasses)

marquimarc

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 05:12:31 PM »
Hi there.
I am an ACER X110 3D ready user and first of all I have to say that I love my projector in 2D. Great color and performance for just an tiny amount of money  ;)
But for the 3D I can't set it up. I tried some configurations but there's nothing to do with it, it just doesn't want to work. As I see, there is someone's projector which is working in some configuration. My pc is a P4 3.0GHz 2GB Ram Geforce  250GTS and 10 meters long vga cable. I'm not sure what's wrong with it but I tried stereoplayer and nothing. It's obvious that the 3D Xpand glasses turn it on but nothing happens. I read in somewhere that a normal vga can't do it. I have to use DVI cable, but I dont think it's beacuse of that. Whatever, i tried also with IZ3D trial drivers but nothing. If I have to buy something extra I would, but I don't want to spend money and then to get the same: nothing.
If anyone can tell me which setup Do I need to watch 3D with my X110 I would really apreciate it soooo much.
Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.  :)

Marc

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 05:16:47 PM »
As mentioned earlier the projector must be able to do 120hz refresh rate or better.  Even if it doesn't the game should at least attempt to make it work.  You're selecting the shutter glasses option in the video config dialog?  What happens at that point?

-Brian

marquimarc

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 02:21:59 PM »
Hi again Brian.

Well, today I did another try but nothing. I installed the last nvidia drivers (but as I don't have nvidia vision the only chance it gives is color anaglyph) then I also installed iZ3D drivers, and I selected 3D Ready DLP output (Acer X110 is 3D Ready). I donwloaded Stereoscopic player and installed. I also downloaded a short 3D video from Nvidia. Then I setup the screen to 120Hz 1024x728 (something like that). I setup the projector in 3D with the option it has. Also I turn off the ECO mode. I turned on the glasses (Xpand, coming inside the official Acer projector pack) it was clear that it works because it does a "flash" inside the glasses (they are activated) Then I tried the movie in 3D Ready-TV option but nothing. I tried the "invert" option but nothing. I tried pagefilled from software (something like that) option and nothing. I tried almost all the options and nothing. Of course, all of these tries where with the glasses and in some of them were like there was a couple "flashes" inside the glasses but then nothing happened.
I really would like to know if it's possible to make it work because It's been long time trying and looking for it everywhere but no answers. Maybe it's my pc, just a P4 3.0MHz  2.5GB Ram may not bee enough, I don't know. But the worse is that In the whole Internet, I couldn't find anyone saying that It works (the X110 with 3D and DLP glasses)

Thanks again!! :-)

Sorry for my english.

P.D.: Acer doesn't even give an answer to all my e-mails and calls. It's a bad joke their service.

Fordcars123

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 10:06:02 PM »
You should port it on the Nintendo 3ds! Well find some dude to do it!