Author Topic: Good Game!  (Read 184257 times)

G122061810

Re: Good Game!
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2013, 09:57:20 PM »
Good games to Tom, Ed, Brent, JJ, Brian, Rob, Wiggy and whomever else I had the opportunity to play tonight!  This game is definitely taking shape.  Even the Bubble Saucer, which I thought was doomed to be the buzzer of Intergalactic, has become more competitive!   

I think I speak for Tim, JJ, Brent and others, when we say that we would love to extend an invite to Jun, Mambassa, Lex to be in on their first games of Intergalactic.  Might be the only time we get more than one win on them - until they quickly overtake us once again.   :(

tomwoods99

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013, 10:35:12 PM »
Jun, u especially might like it & do play particularly well as the hovercraft, the quad equivalent, is currently the primary go to plane for most people it seems.  It's a lot like the quad, plus has a lot more maneuverability.

Buildsoc

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 11:55:27 PM »
I like the drone best!  8)

tpentecost

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 07:25:16 AM »
Good games to Tom, Ed, Brent, JJ, Brian, Rob, Wiggy and whomever else I had the opportunity to play tonight!  This game is definitely taking shape.  Even the Bubble Saucer, which I thought was doomed to be the buzzer of Intergalactic, has become more competitive!   

I think I speak for Tim, JJ, Brent and others, when we say that we would love to extend an invite to Jun, Mambassa, Lex to be in on their first games of Intergalactic.  Might be the only time we get more than one win on them - until they quickly overtake us once again.   :(
I look forward to the first face off with Lex and Jun. I'm gonna crispy fry um ;D. My guess is Lex will take to the drone or 59 Starfire, they're his style. Jun will go for the hovercraft or Starfire. It will be interesting to see how they adapt new strategies with the different weapons.

G122061810

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2013, 07:33:43 AM »

I look forward to the first face off with Lex and Jun. I'm gonna crispy fry um ;D. My guess is Lex will take to the drone or 59 Starfire, they're his style. Jun will go for the hovercraft or Starfire. It will be interesting to see how they adapt new strategies with the different weapons.

You crack me up, Tim!  'Crispy fry um' - spoken like a true Southerner!

I could also see Jun going for the Shredder, to be honest!  I agree with your guess about Lex.

Would be fun to go through all the regular forum members and guess who would most likely use which craft most of the time - see if our predictions hold true.

tpentecost

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2013, 07:57:28 AM »

You crack me up, Tim!  'Crispy fry um' - spoken like a true Southerner!

I could also see Jun going for the Shredder, to be honest!  I agree with your guess about Lex.

Would be fun to go through all the regular forum members and guess who would most likely use which craft most of the time - see if our predictions hold true.
I don't know about the shredder for Jun. I don't think it has the speed for him. I like flying against the shredder. I just follow it and blast away. But like the bomber you don't want to get in a face off with it because it will win every time.

Wiggy Pepper

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2013, 09:44:24 AM »
Seems to me that the Tibby crowd will be drawn to the '59 and the Drone.   I can't see the Quad freaks  ;D :o just kidding guys- I like the quad now you know that- I can't see them enjoying the Shredder so I would guess hovercraft.   The Biplane group will be split evenly between the hovercraft and the '59.   There may be more fans of the bubble saucer than we expect.  The Shredder and the Battle Cruiser are the question marks for me.....will the bomber guys go for these?  I bet we we see a huge number of hovercraft pilots.

My two cents.

Looking forward to the first Bubble Bash!

Wiggy

tomwoods99

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2013, 10:22:28 AM »
I like the '59 & the Drone, but so far it's been the case that if I want to survive & stay in the game I've got to use the Hovercraft, which doesn't bother me as it's fast & maneuverable & choke full of wind, & fun to fly b/c of it.  I wouldn't feel comfortable at this point saying the Hovercraft is clearly overpowered, although it does "seem" to be, but time will tell.  IMHO, the '59, Drone, & Hovercraft r all in a class of their own as top tier, w/the Shredder 2nd tier, & the rest a distant 3rd tier.

lady

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2013, 10:58:24 AM »
Seems to me that the Tibby crowd will be drawn to the '59 and the Drone.   I can't see the Quad freaks  ;D :o just kidding guys- I like the quad now you know that- I can't see them enjoying the Shredder so I would guess hovercraft.   The Biplane group will be split evenly between the hovercraft and the '59.   There may be more fans of the bubble saucer than we expect.  The Shredder and the Battle Cruiser are the question marks for me.....will the bomber guys go for these?  I bet we we see a huge number of hovercraft pilots.

My two cents.

Looking forward to the first Bubble Bash!

Been waiting for a post like this.... Thank you Mr Wiggy! Now I will know which ones to jump into first......

Wiggy

EFM 11

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2013, 01:34:24 PM »
I flew each of the ships last night in battle and I think they are all fun to fly and each has its good qualities.  I still have to try the Shredder in battle today after the latest tweaks, I think it will perform much better now. If you guys haven't tried them all again in the last day or two, they have changed.
Brian has been making changes to all of them at a pretty quick rate, including some tweaks to the Shredder late yesterday that make it much more effective and fun, in my opinion.   

That being said, I sort of agree with Wiggy and Tom.

If I was forced to put them in order for me so far...

'59 Spitfire
Hovercraft
Drone
Shredder
Bubble Saucer
Battle Cruiser
Saucer

*results subject to change with or without notification

Backfire

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 02:09:42 PM »
Good couple of games while it lasted Ed. I think I'm gonna call it a night. Nice chatting with you too

G122061810

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2013, 02:55:56 PM »
I flew each of the ships last night in battle and I think they are all fun to fly and each has its good qualities.  I still have to try the Shredder in battle today after the latest tweaks, I think it will perform much better now. If you guys haven't tried them all again in the last day or two, they have changed.
Brian has been making changes to all of them at a pretty quick rate, including some tweaks to the Shredder late yesterday that make it much more effective and fun, in my opinion.   

That being said, I sort of agree with Wiggy and Tom.

If I was forced to put them in order for me so far...

'59 Spitfire
Hovercraft
Drone
Shredder
Bubble Saucer
Battle Cruiser
Saucer

*results subject to change with or without notification

Looking over your list, I think my rankings would be exactly the same.  I really enjoy all the ammo and everything of the battle cruiser, but unless you can time all the winds in it, it really feels very slow.  It's strength is in the shield and ammo.

tomwoods99

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2013, 03:10:39 PM »
Yes, the Battlecruiser, if it's akin to the Bomber, can't really be excessively fast, but on the same token it's so enormously slow when I hit the wind I barely notice a difference & I'm always a sitting duck in it & dead very quickly.  It makes me wonder, though, if it's just me & SumoZ, Sussy, & some of the other excellent Bomber pilots would be O.K. in it, but for some reason I don't really think so.  I think it's even slower than the Bomber w/the wind on & that the Bomber is also a bit more maneuverable, & that the Battlecruiser is lacking just enough of something or other so that even those guys would have a problem getting to the end of a game in it.  I'm not really sure what the other factors are w/it, though, that have to be considered.  A big factor w/all the planes that's been very difficult for me to gauge in AWI is the target area assigned to each of the planes.  I can't seem to aim well enough in AWI to be able to get a feel for the size of my target areas, but there are a couple, three AWI players who do seem to be able to aim well enough that maybe they have a decent, general sense of each plane's assigned target size . . . ?

Wiggy Pepper

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2013, 03:14:43 PM »
I have had to dial in my accuracy and my 'leads' on targets to be more effective in AWI - which has in turn, fine tuned my accuracy and leads in AW.

3 SQN Gladiators

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2013, 03:21:24 PM »
I haven't been able to play since the latest update, so I'm quite surprised most of you are rating the Hovercraft so highly. I know Brian tweaked it recently but before it had a very weak shield & was easy to take down. I'm looking forward to trying it out later

My top pick is the Drone followed by the Red "Goes Faster" 59 Spitfire

The others don't really rate a mention. I thought the Shredder had some potentional at the start but it's too slow & hard to turn

All imho