Author Topic: Starting over maybe?  (Read 5672 times)

RollieMcFly27

Starting over maybe?
« on: January 29, 2013, 05:55:22 PM »
If you can't transmit Bugdom... Then can't you remake it or something?  :-\
Sorry, Just a little something I wanted to pull out of my head...

Fordcars123

Re: Starting over maybe?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 05:25:29 PM »
YES! People keep telling PangeaSoftware to port to newer MacOS, but Brian keeps saying "We would need to do a total rewrite", but it would be SO worth it of doing a full rewrite!

Ottobot

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 06:16:26 AM »
Call the game "Bugdom Classic."

Then make a third one, too. ;)

Captain Karanga

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 12:34:37 PM »
The Living Books Company managed to convert their old OS 9 software to iOS and OS X although they're not dealing with 3D files.

Gon20tcq

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 05:49:52 PM »
I just did a big upgrade at home for all of our Macs (intel versions throughout) and sadly discovered that EVERY game in the old Pangea Superpack (Bugdom 2, Cro-Mag Rally, Enigmo, Otto-Matic and Billy Frontier) don't work any more. We were running Snow Leopard and the upgrade was to Mountain Lion (10.8.3) - the OS reports that it no longer supports "PowerPC applications".  They all must have been running in carbon? 
Regardless - the kids are upset (my son has nearly finished Bugdom 2) and I'm pretty bummed too.  Good, relatively wholesome games (okay maybe not Billy Frontier) that were built for the Mac - what was not to love?

Anybody else hit the same wall?  This thread seems to be close to the problem I am encountering- at least in sprit.

A port to the intel platform would be great - or a suite of similar games?

Sigh   :-[

Fordcars123

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 07:29:08 PM »
Heh, I only have Macs, and I don't have a single Intel! (Stupid economy).

Jester

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 12:46:25 AM »
I'm ashamed to say the original Bugdom was one of the few Pangea games I never finished.  Got stuck in Level 8 (Night).  Now that I'm older, I'd love to give it another go.