Author Topic: Notes from the Wing Commander.  (Read 61922 times)

richsf1

Re: Notes from the Wing Commander.
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 08:31:47 AM »
LOL, OTC & Bren!!!

Jsdds2

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 10:08:57 AM »
As some of you know, I enjoy my mountain time each fall with the the drunks and the guns and the elk....this game of airwings was particularly fun for me.
You'll note I hope, the partial load of suction cups....I got this pic as I was breaking off to make a run at another plane.

Wing Commander WP on his last Elk hunt quickly found his new choice of ammo didn't have the stopping power he needed........

[/

THAT is funny,OTC!

;D ;D ;D

Wiggy Pepper

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 07:08:46 PM »
To: BeeCalm

Winston Churchill is quoted as saying "The price of greatness is responsibility."  I feel it is in keeping with the spirit of that statement to extend to you a sincere invite to the ranks of the Super Squadron.

Your efforts, not once, but on two different occasions today, without breaking radio silence, to assist the Wing Commander in clearing the map so that we could have an uninterrupted battle, did not go unnoticed. 

I look forward to more good battles.  I am sure the Super Squadron is as pleased as I am to have you as a member.

Should you prefer, as some have, to be a squadron backer, but not a Squadron member, we will be disappointed, but we will be respectful of your choice.

Thank you for the fine training sessions!!

Wing Commander Pepper

---on a less formal note, that was so fun and I was laughing my tail off!!  thanks- Wiggy

Wiggy Pepper

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 10:11:26 AM »
The Land's End -full length, Egyptian Cotton, robe...is simply the most comfortable flying gear I have found to date.  If any of you are looking for that extra edge, that little bit of extra comfort and warmth, I heartily recommend it.  I have experienced at least a 3% improvement to my overall gameplay while wearing it.   

Note: I was wearing other clothing during my most recent encounters with Jun, Punisher, Mr. Unleashed and The Penciller.  So if you're thinking " I haven't noticed any improvement at all" that would be the reason.     

I am currently trying to arrange my life so that I may continue to live the opulent lifestyle befitting my position as Wing Commander, and yet have that robe on most of the time.

Beeafraid

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 02:21:34 PM »
To: BeeCalm

Winston Churchill is quoted as saying "The price of greatness is responsibility."  I feel it is in keeping with the spirit of that statement to extend to you a sincere invite to the ranks of the Super Squadron.

Your efforts, not once, but on two different occasions today, without breaking radio silence, to assist the Wing Commander in clearing the map so that we could have an uninterrupted battle, did not go unnoticed. 

I look forward to more good battles.  I am sure the Super Squadron is as pleased as I am to have you as a member.

Should you prefer, as some have, to be a squadron backer, but not a Squadron member, we will be disappointed, but we will be respectful of your choice.

Thank you for the fine training sessions!!

Wing Commander Pepper

---on a less formal note, that was so fun and I was laughing my tail off!!  thanks- Wiggy

Thank you Sir for that most kind invite to the austere ranks within your Super Squadron...
I am most honoured and humbled...
to quote that cigar puffing, two finger chappie..."Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"
...and courage it did take...because I had just downloaded the accelerometer/gyro option and had entered my first battle returning to the ole accelo when whom should I face but you Sir !!
So with the dogged determination and pure British bl"""dy mindedness I battled on, frantically trying to keep 'afloat' or should I say 'in-air'.....'twas fun and I also chucked at your dart encrusted Elk whooshing past me hissing missiles....

Oh !....and yush flanks...I'm in !!! 8)

Wiggy Pepper

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 10:39:51 PM »
To: pilots Moran and alexpilot77

Hello good pilots and welcome to the forum.  To this point, you have both exhibited the skills, aptitude and attitude required to join the ranks of pilots who are members of Wiggy Pepper's Super Squadron. 

You will be, as most members are, assigned a probationary status level in the squadron.  It is my policy to never publicly announce a pilot's status until they are afforded full Squadron Membership....which itself is rarely publicly mentioned.   Those pilots that are full members, know who they are.

Keep up the great work, see you in the air.

Wing Commander Pepper
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 10:43:24 PM by Wiggy Pepper »

Lord Kittensworth

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 11:21:57 PM »
To: pilots Moran and alexpilot77

Hello good pilots and welcome to the forum.  To this point, you have both exhibited the skills, aptitude and attitude required to join the ranks of pilots who are members of Wiggy Pepper's Super Squadron. 

You will be, as most members are, assigned a probationary status level in the squadron.  It is my policy to never publicly announce a pilot's status until they are afforded full Squadron Membership....which itself is rarely publicly mentioned.   Those pilots that are full members, know who they are.

Keep up the great work, see you in the air.

Wing Commander Pepper

Welcome Moran & Alex, hope to see you on the battlefield soon!  There is much you can learn from the Great Wiggy Pepper.  He is wise beyond his years!!!!

:P

Alexpilot77

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 01:57:55 PM »
Thanks for the membership... See you in battle soon!!! I'll be taking notes

Wiggy Pepper

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 09:05:57 AM »
Hello good pilots, another thought from the little book.

Accept your positive experiences without taking credit and you have humility.  Accept your negative experiences without blame and you have serenity.

Jsdds2

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 09:30:46 AM »
Commander! Is it just my impression or have you not been posting much lately?
I know the weather can be chilly where you are and I thought maybe your wi-fi hotspot froze over ;D

Hey, here's a great quote from one of the aces in WWI and I think it's really true:

"First you have to defeat your opponent and THEN you shoot him down"

Wiggy Pepper

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 09:37:55 AM »
HA, actually, I opened the forum board one day and saw Wiggy Pepper up and down the list of posters and thought to myself "jeez dude, give it a rest!"

And if anyone wonders, I am more than slightly embarrassed to be listed as the #6 seed in the tourney group.  Being the 42nd seed out of those 30 entrants would be more accurate.  But I will try to 1. have a great time, and 2. put forth my very best effort.   If I do those two things to the very best of my ability, I win.

Wing Commander Pepper
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:50:58 AM by Wiggy Pepper »

Wiggy Pepper

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 10:30:50 AM »
To:  All good pilots, Super Squadron Members, allied non-members, the runners list pilots, and tourney pilots.

The rumors and rumblings you may have heard are true.  The Wing Commander was spotted recently shopping for a wedding band. 

This posting is primarily aimed at the tourney director (M6) and tourney players....The future Mrs. Wing Commander has ordered a stand-down of all flight operations and administrative duties for me beginning Feb 1, and continuing through Feb 4.  I will be most anxious to get the majority of my tourney games completed before this mandatory stand-down.

We will be in Vegas, doing what people sometimes do there......drink-gamble a little-see a show-get married-naked games, etc etc......

For those few of you that are my friends on Facebook-------this data is to be kept to the Forum ONLY.  I implore you- do not screw this up!!!!  Imagine flying against M6, Jun, Lex, and Ch1laxing all at the same time, and all gunning only for you-----That is NOTHING compared to the wrath of the future Mrs. Pepper if you make a public posting re: the news I just shared with you.

FYI: met her in '68 :).....fell hard for her in '83......married "other >:(" in '88 :o :o :o........never forgot her ::) ::) ::), found her again in '09...... ;D 8) ;D 8)

Hoping we can get the tourney going soon.

Wing Commander Pepper

G122061810

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 10:55:30 AM »
Congrats, Wiggy!

So, do I get help decorate the back of your BiPlane with the 'Just Married' signs, with cans dangling off the back?

cianocallaghan

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 10:58:06 AM »
Congrats Wiggy!

Are you taking applications for flower girl? I think I'd do a fabulous job.

M6

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2013, 10:59:17 AM »
Congrats indeed.  I am sure your group mates will ensure you are quickly disposed of so that you can partake in your festivities without the tournament stressing you out.