Author Topic: Nanosaur 2 on sale  (Read 3972 times)

Brian Greenstone, CEO Pangea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nanosaur 2 on sale
« on: January 20, 2011, 08:22:53 AM »
It seems that every day I put another game on sale, and today is no different.  The other games were doing significantly better at $5 vs. $15 or $20, so I've put Nanosaur 2 at $5 as well.  To give you an idea of what I mean, Nanosaur 2 had been out-profiting Bugdom 2 until I lowered Bugdom 2 to $5.  Yesterday Bugdom 2 sold 49 units at $5, but Nanosaur 2 only sold 4 at $15.

I really didn't want this to happen on the Mac App Store.  I wanted prices to remain high, and for the first week they did, but now it's clear that $5 is the sweet spot.

-Brian

Ottobot

Re: Nanosaur 2 on sale
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 11:43:07 AM »
People are going to be hard pressed to spend $15-$20 on the same exact game they have on their iPhone. Also, not to insult the games or anything (I love them to death), but many of these games are a bit dated. I'm not sure if someone's gonna wanna spend $20 on Otto Matic which was written 10 years ago. Around the $15-$20 price range they would expect more bang for their buck, something that'll make good use of the horsepower from their new Intel Mac's engine.